Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid mk4 tail wheel landing gear wanted

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Avid mk4 tail wheel landing gear wanted

Posted

Hi i have a matco tailwheel that bolts right to the Avid tail spring i can send a picture if your interested.

Posted

Are you talking about the main gear legs?

Posted

Are you talking about the main gear legs?

Hi c5engineer 

I'm after the main gear legs but I've got p1 side so just need p2 side. 

Love the YouTube clips 

Thanks

Richard 

Posted

Not sure what the p1 and p2 refer to but I do have a right side gear leg if that is what you are looking for that I would be willing to part with.  Send me an IM if that is by chance what you need.

Posted

I have a set of the main gear legs with axles.

Posted

Hi knuckle draggeer 

Sorry to hear about your accident and I hope your doing well. I had my 582 fail on me on take off on my first solo and it didn't go to well with me going through trees and ripping both wings off and ended upside down :( was a little battered and bruised but thought I'd give the avid another go but could only get a nose wheel so now need to make it a tail dragger again. I'm in the uk so will need to know the shipping charges as well as the cost of the legs and axles ?

Thanks 

Richard 

Posted

Hi knuckle draggeer 

Sorry to hear about your accident and I hope your doing well. I had my 582 fail on me on take off on my first solo and it didn't go to well with me going through trees and ripping both wings off and ended upside down :( was a little battered and bruised but thought I'd give the avid another go but could only get a nose wheel so now need to make it a tail dragger again. I'm in the uk so will need to know the shipping charges as well as the cost of the legs and axles ?

Thanks 

Richard 

So tell us when the wings got ripped off did it bust the spars or did it pull the 4130 front carry throu apart?

Posted

It ripped the pilot landing gear off and both 4130 carry throu off and also bent the wing struts. if I could upload the pictures from my phone I'd post them.

thanks 

Richard 

Posted

That's amazing to me that the 4130 always breaks, but not the aluminum spar, Cant believe how strong that stuff is,