Subaru Redrive, PSRU

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I purchased a newly rebuilt and complete Subaru EA81 engine that came with a redrive. However this style redrive doesn't fit in my current cowling so I am using my previous one.

https://youtu.be/Uc9wgqiH-LY

Comes with everything needed to bolt on including propeller hub(not pictured).
Video link attached of it running
upper pulley 80 teeth
Lower pulley 38 teeth
Belt width 3-5/8" wide 
Ratio is 2.105

Asking $850 plus shipping

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Posted (edited)

I don't need it, but it might help to list what kind of prop the flange is for, or what size the bolts/circle is.  Evidently, the starter mounts to the front on this one, otherwise it would be on the other side of flywheel to mount to the rear.  Real Beefy redrive.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I don't need it, but it might help to list what kind of prop the flange is for, or what size the bolts/circle is.  Evidently, the starter mounts to the front on this one, otherwise it would be on the other side of flywheel to mount to the rear.  Real Beefy redrive.   EDMO

yes good point. I will make the effort today after work to post the info regarding prop flange. The starter does in fact mount on the face as you've pointed out. I'll also attach pictures of the prop flange and also I believe there's a 2 blade Hub. 

The total unit including the bell housing and flywheel is a combined weight of 46.25lbs. Just 1.75lbs heavier than my current stratus Redrive. 

Thanks EDMO I'll update tonight.

Posted

I always thought that the Stratus would be a lot lighter than my redrive - Do you have early Stratus, or the later, lighter, casting?  EDMO

Posted

Not too sure if it's older or newer model but when I weighed the stratus  I included flywheel, cast bracket, pulleys, belt, starter, every nut and bolt and the internal hub that mounts to cam. 

Same with the Redrive I'm selling. Included starter and flywheel and bell housing in that weight. 

Heres s pic of my stratus Redrive on the old motor before installing the new one

image.jpeg

Posted

Do you still have this redrive?

John Hart

Wilburton, OK

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey John, welcome back to the forum!  Have not seen you on here in a long time, hope all is well!

:BC: