Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rod end Again

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anybody have the skystar original part number for the strut rodends for like a model 3 or 4,  I ordered one from Debra at kitfox and the one she sent me does not look anything like the ones I have seen on the kitfox 3's and 4's The one she sent me has a number on it REF-4-18M and the ones I have seen I think are HW-4M-12 She said the one she sent me is the only one she has listed in the computer, Maybe the ones I have seen are not the ones that Kitfox uses?

Posted (edited)

TJay,  Here is what my KF4 book shows.  Your brackets may be wider, so use washers and longer bolt. 

Someone may have an inventory/invoice list that shows a Heim or Aurora reference to the part # 23012..Note:  This is SkyStar number - not Kitfox.    My Kitfox 1, Denny Aircraft manual shows (Female) rod end: Heim F45-19.    The numbers you listed above look like Male rod ends. ???  I think the male rod end threads are stronger than the inserts.

I have some on some struts, but donno if there is a vendor number on them.     EDMO

Scan0329.jpg

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I think your number should read as follows:  re: (reference) F45-19M  That is a female Heim rod end bearing, 1/4 inch bore, 5/16 inch thread.  Aurora p/n is GMW 4M-595.  Google the Aurora Bearing "General Aircraft Interchange" page.

Posted (edited)

I think your number should read as follows:  re: (reference) F45-19M  That is a female Heim rod end bearing, 1/4 inch bore, 5/16 inch thread.  Aurora p/n is GMW 4M-595.  Google the Aurora Bearing "General Aircraft Interchange" page.

http://cad.aurorabearing.com/item/all-categories/-series-female-rod-ends-general-aviation-precision/gmw-4m-595

Ok I found it, think the one she sent me is stronger, it has a 3700lbs load rating,  ill see if I can get the specs on mine too,

Edited by TJay