Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Some cool old toys

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Grandpa just passed these cool toys onto our 10 year old son. This is pretty awesome. I have a fishing rod from my Grandpa but I did not get it until after he passed. I'm glad that we have them. Anybody have any idea on the time frame of these? I'm thinking early 80's sometime.

IMG_5437.jpg

IMG_5438.jpg

The yellow one is an old school transformer

IMG_5439.jpg

Posted

Grandpa just passed these cool toys onto our 10 year old son. This is pretty awesome. I have a fishing rod from my Grandpa but I did not get it until after he passed. I'm glad that we have them. Anybody have any idea on the time frame of these? I'm thinking early 80's sometime.

IMG_5437.jpg

IMG_5438.jpg

The yellow one is an old school transformer

IMG_5439.jpg

Joey

Just stumbled across this thread while I am sitting on the ground waiting for a warm front to pass through ... i.e. killing today and hoping tomorrow will bring some good CAVOK.

Anyway, I recognize nearly all of these models and think I probably own a few of them. The London bus in particular looks really familiar.

I will be in the UK week after next, so if I get a few minutes free I will climb up into the attic and have a look.

I think you are probably on the money with dating them in the 80s. I picked up most of mine during my reprobate years through to about 88.

I will keep you posted and try to bring some pics back too.

Jezz