Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Montana Newbie

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, my name is Ken and I live in Great Falls, MT. I'm not really into flying but my brother Terry is. He's the one that is putting the RX1 snowmobile engine in an Avid that has a little write-up in the 4 stroke engine section. I just made a trip down south to Arizona to bring him the engine for it. I'm waiting patiently to see his plane fly. It should be a world of difference going from a 503 Rotax to the 140 horse RX1 engine. I'm into snowmobiles as my biggest money spending hobby. I've been riding a 03 RX1 mountain sled since Nov. 2002. It has a homebuilt turbo system on it that I made and has run as high as 330 hp at 20 pounds of boost but In my older and smarter years I have turned it down to about 240 hp which makes it a lot more fun to ride. Hopefully his plane will be ready to fly in the near future. I want a ride .

Ken.............

Posted

Welcome Ken! I just got to meet your brother this past weekend in Prescott. 

Posted

He was telling me that you came down for the  airshow. He needs to get himself a name and get on here.

Ken.........

Posted

Hi Ken, I am also in the process of installing a RX1 in my avid,im impressed at how much horse power these engines can get cranked up to and stay together.Look forward to hearing  more and maybe some pictures. :BC:

Posted

Hello Ken, I live up in Bigfork Mt. You or your brother ever get up here give me a call. Im in the 102 EAA chapter. Interesting about the RX1 thats Yamaha right! Ive read about them and it looks promising! Good Luck!