Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Belite's new digital altimeter

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Has anyone been following Belite's new digital instruments? The digital Altimeter is pretty sweet. They have a video of raising it from the floor the ceiling and it measures 7ft exactly. They say it can sense 4" differences in pressure. $200 for a multi use digital instrument is pretty good if it actually works.

http://www.beliteaircraftstore.com/radiant-digital-altimeter/

Edited by C5Engineer

Posted (edited)

I am using MGL ALT-3 cost a fair amount more but has some nice features including built -in VSI.  Also calcs DA, and more.

That one look like a deal though.

Edited by wypaul

Posted

I am using the AOA instrument and it works well with nice display.

Posted

Joey,

We use digital everything these days in the helos I help design, and they work very well. Frankly, the mechanical gauges have much worse reliability than the electronic ones, these days.That device looks great, I might get one myself!

Posted

These are on sale until the end of the month. I am tempted to grab one.

IMG_4548.PNG

Posted

I looked at it online but wasn't able to find the depth measurement of the device. Do you have any info for that?     Lou

Posted

I asked the same question and they responded quickly with 1"

Posted

Thank you!

Posted

damn, thats a pretty cheap way to loose some pounds off the bird and they look pretty good as well!  hmmm..

:BC:

Posted

Got my instrument in the mail today. Harness is super simple and it doesn't weigh a thing. I didn't know they were so thin too. I will power it up tomorrow. 

IMG_5158.JPG

IMG_5159.JPG

IMG_5163.JPG

3 people like this

Posted

I received an email from them yesterday. They have several gauges that they are doing a sort of 'Black Friday' sale thing on. Savings looked pretty good if a guy was interested in their offerings.

Posted

Tossed this up on the glareshield Saturday for a while and was spot on with my altimeter and GPS altitude. 

IMG_5287.JPG

IMG_5290.JPG

IMG_5291.JPG

Posted (edited)

It would be nice if they had it in a 3 1/8" size also.   You could then remove an instrument and fit it in the same hole.  That would also help to be able to read it for some of us with older eyes if the numbers were bigger then...  To bad I have the panel made for the Avid project already and everything mounted in it.  This gauge does look nice.  JImChuk

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted (edited)

I will write it before someone else does - you can get an adapter to go from 3" to 2" - I agree Jim - I need numbers about an inch high so I can read them from the pilots seat - I just memorize where the numbers are on the analog gauges and follow the pointer.... ??? 

I can still read the runway numbers from the right altitude!   EDMO

Edited by EDMO