Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

912 cooling

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've been doing a little research on avids cooling issues in the past.  Those of you running 912's in your avid do you have the radiator in the front with a cut out in the cowling or do you have it mounted on the firewall.  It's time for me to make that choice right now before I can move forwards with Jeff's engine mount system and I really would like to get it right the first time because I will never do a pos Rotax exhaust system again. 

:BC:

Edited by akflyer

Posted

Mine is up front and it works great.

1 person likes this

Posted

Mine is up front and it works great.

any chance I can get a couple pics of your exhaust and radiator mount system?

Posted

No problem Leni I will get out there tomorrow, just so happens I have the cowl off for an oil change.

1 person likes this

Posted

Did the MK IV manual that you posted have the 912 installation pages, if not I can send them to you.  Lots of pictures and drawings that may help.  I think that I posted that section at one time but can't find where they are.

Paul

1 person likes this

Posted

No sir, I don't have those pages.  if you could shoot them to me that would be awsome!

Posted

Ok will do a little later today, I think I have the files on my computer at home.  Here are some photos.  Let me know if there is something else that you need I will be out here for a little bit.  These are the old carbon steel tubes on the floor, ordered SS bends to make the new exhaust which I suggest because the carbon did not stand up.

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0113.JPG

Posted (edited)

Hey Leni I found where I posted the engine section of the build manual. Maybe you can move or add it to the manual you posted.

Ok crap I see that only the first page of each section got posted, I see if I can get it corrected but will get it to you one way or another.

Edited by wypaul
1 person likes this

Posted

image.thumb.jpg.d0c40b5bd4b28272b86c486ahere is a drawing of the radiator mount in the meantime.

Posted

Well I guess the pages are all there, just could not  access them from my IPad.  Let me know if you can get them OK.