Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Got my MGL E1 today

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all,  maybe you all, or at least some :-) remember me wanting to buy an MGL E1 engine monitor for my Avid MK IV with Jabiru rebuild.  I had ordered one from an outfit in Great Briton a few weeks ago, at a way less price than I could buy it for in the USA.  Everywhere I looked, it was $345.00 plus shipping.  I ended up getting it in the mail today.  My total cost was $236 after shipping.  There were no customs fees on it.  Unit is new in the box with everything there including a manual.  Going to be a bit of a joy to hook it up with all the wires and such, but I'm sure it's no worse than any other engine monitor.  The guy was real nice to deal with, real quick to answer emails and such.  I would do it again.  It did take a bit longer than expected to arrive, seems it got lost in the mail for about a week, but maybe it was just sitting in customs.  Anyway, it's mine now!  Now I can get back to work on the panel.  Here is a link to the guy's site  (Paul Sistern)  http://www.parts4aircraft.com/   JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

wow those prices are good ,I ordered discovery lite and Scandia 165r today through my friend that gets a wholesale deal and they are about the same .that's a good find!

Posted (edited)

Thanks for playing the guinea pig Jim. I was a bit skeptical when you first posted, but now see that Co. is one of the largest global MGL sellers. Looks like a good MGL Xtreme EFIS/EMS combo price for anyone going that route too.

Edited by dholly

Posted

I was doing some checking today, and it seems that MGL factory is actually in South Africa.  I had thought that they were a US company.  Wondered how they could ship to England and then back here and still beat the US price by that much.  Live and learn...  Going to start hooking it up today.  JImChuk

Posted

The fall of the British pound after the Brexit vote probably helped some.

Mark