Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid Flyer Decals

13 posts in this topic

Posted

I have always wanted to put an AVID Flyer decal on my plane but don't know where to find any that are already designed.  Do you have any leads?

Thanks

Posted

you could make a stencil from a couple pieces of poster board and paint it on.

Posted (edited)

Seems like that there used to be an Avid Flyer symbol at the header of this site - Where did it go Leni?  

All you need to do is to find a picture and print and enlarge (UPS or a print shop) to the size that fits your bird - Don't forget to make a reversed print for the other side.   Some decal or sign companies will custom make them, or you can make a mask and paint it on yourself.   There should be one in a builder's manual.   Some of the guys on here have posted photos of their Avids with the art on them....   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I have one of the originals that came with my plane I think.  My buddy does vinyl cutting too so I can have some made up.  Not sure if he has figured out how to do paint masks, but I bet he has if you want to paint instead of putting on vinyl.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Do you mean like this?  The way I got these, is I took a picture of the decal on my first Avid.  Used it eventually when I rebuilt my Avid MK IV the first time.  I copied the picture to my printer, and enlarged it till I got it the size I wanted.  Taped it to the vinyl, and very carefully cut it out.  Then even more carefully got it into place with out wrecking either side.  That was the hardest part.  If you can't copy these pics to your computer and copy them, I could email them straight to you.  JImChuk

Avid pt schemes 008.jpg

Avid pt schemes 009.jpg

Avid pt schemes 006.jpg

IMG_0421 (Large).JPG

Edited by 1avidflyer
1 person likes this

Posted

Any vinyl sign shop can make them from a JPEG or PDF file.

Since Avid no longer exists there isn't a worry on copywrite BS.

I had the Mangy Fox vinyl graphics done for less than $100.  Yes, I did get the rights to use the picture for my aircraft from the original artist.

Mangy_Fox.thumb.jpg.c6f332166b1ea544c093

Mangy_Fox2.thumb.jpg.cdcb35bb1cb4a7db061

Posted (edited)

Av8r3400 Larry or Doug or anyone,

I found a graphic for mine, but the site says (either $34.95 or $39.95?) for any one of the hundreds of graphics posted - Is this normal pricing for 'copyrited' pictures, or just a ripoff site?  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Sounds expensive to me . 

Av8r3400 Larry or Doug or anyone,

I found a graphic for mine, but the site says (either $34.95 or $39.95?) for any one of the hundreds of graphics posted - Is this normal pricing for 'copyrited' pictures, or just a ripoff site?  EDMO

Posted

No idea Ed, there's so much free content online I've never even entertained the idea of buying graphic art.

Posted

My brother is asking what sizes people would want . He's doing a test run for me 

Posted

In regard to any T shirts type printing. I prefer the large logo on the back and a smaller logo on the front left breast. Not a fan of the full frontal attack. Cheap T shirts are worthless. The better quality T shirts last. In my old age less stuff is disposable. Buy the better stuff.

1 person likes this

Posted

In regard to any T shirts type printing. I prefer the large logo on the back and a smaller logo on the front left breast. Not a fan of the full frontal attack. Cheap T shirts are worthless. The better quality T shirts last. In my old age less stuff is disposable. Buy the better stuff.

I agree with that and that's usually what he does for my shirts . So far my shirts are holding up great . He asked about the sticker stuff too I guess he's going to do a couple of those first as a little test .