Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kitfox Ski Mounting and Rigging.

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Note:  The instructions call for a AN960-10 washer in two places on each axle and call it a large area washer.  That is incorrect.  Large area washers are AN970-xx.  The axles are 3/4" so these washers/spacers need to be 3/4".  AN960-1216 washers may work here.  Also a AN970-10 and drill it out to 3/4'.

Ski Option page 1 of 3.pdf

Ski Option page 2 of 3.pdf

Ski Option page 3 of 3.pdf

Edited by tcj

Posted

Got it tcj - The instructions talk about AN960-10 washer, nut, cotter pin - So, are these made for 5/8" axles?  EDMO

Posted

Got it tcj - The instructions talk about AN960-10 washer, nut, cotter pin - So, are these made for 5/8" axles?  EDMO

These instructions are in the manual for my Classic 4 with 3/4 inch axles.  I don't know whats up with that washer number.  It needs to be the same size as the axel.  Good catch ED.

Posted

Original post edited to note wrong part number for the washers/spacers on the axles.

Posted

Original post edited to note wrong part number for the washers/spacers on the axles.

Just maybe - these skis were made for the 5/8 axle first, and they failed to change Nut size on instructions when they went to 3/4 axle? 

I have seen failures to change the instructions when models changed.    EDMO