Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New plane to fly while I finish mine.

8 posts in this topic

Posted

My friend and local flight instructor got a new plane that I can fly while I finish mine.  A brand new Evektor Sport Star.  It's a very impressive plane but out of my budget to buy.

14724494_1282137905144150_5897427341336637015_n.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

What... $130-140k? Not ashamed to say that is out of my budget as well, SLSAs are so friggin expensive! Affordable GA yeah right. Was this a private buy or for a flight school? If the latter, how much an hour wet?

Edited by dholly

Posted

Just as a perspective, I was looking around at a new pickup to replace my old '94 pickup, to pull my 5th wheel camper, new F350 Crew Cab:  $70,000.00.

That's SEVENTY Thousand Dollars.  For a F'ing PICKUP TRUCK!!!

They can kiss both sides of my ass.

Our dollars ain't worth chit any more.

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah, crazy. I've read those HD pickups are the highest profit margin vehicle in the Ford stable but people must be buying them. I'm guessing most mere mortals utilize a 72 month interest free loan from the manufacturers finance arm, so they get you coming and going. Aren't those trucks made with recycled metal and assembled in Mexico? 

1 person likes this

Posted

What... $130-140k? Not ashamed to say that is out of my budget as well, SLSAs are so friggin expensive! Affordable GA yeah right. Was this a private buy or for a flight school? If the latter, how much an hour wet?

Flight school $115 hr wet.  For comparison the 172s there are $120.  I think the purchase price is up around there somewhere.  It has the full Dynon Skyview glass panel setup.  I just flew it a couple hours this morning and I'm impressed with it.  It is a very easy plane to fly and land.  It touches down like a butterfly with sore feet.  Lots of room and very comfortable.  I'm going to finish up my sport training on it while I finish rebuilding my kitfox.

2 people like this

Posted

Just as a perspective, I was looking around at a new pickup to replace my old '94 pickup, to pull my 5th wheel camper, new F350 Crew Cab:  $70,000.00.

That's SEVENTY Thousand Dollars.  For a F'ing PICKUP TRUCK!!!

Well, you'll just have to hold out for your X-Class so you and Julie can have his and her's Mercedes.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/26/13415174/mercedes-benz-pickup-x-class-pictures-availability

x-class.jpg

Posted

OR...

I can get one of these Eruo-Haulers for about 25% of the F350 and maybe 5% of the Mercedes.

hauler.thumb.JPG.73b454ad2bc92425f462bde

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

There you go - buying Furrin Trucks and cars - Look up the F650 5th wheel hauler - That's a handful of truck made in US of A. - or, at least they were, until Clinton gave the jobs away with NAFTA.  

OMG - in 1949 the minimum wage was increased from 40 cents and hour to 75 - Farm labor was excluded, so I got 35 cents an hour!  

Increases had to be made because the thieving politicians couldn't live on the taxes they stole from cheap labor, or trucks selling for $1000, so the Democrats got in bed with the Unions to drive up wages and prices!   

I was renting a Cessna 150 for $9 an hour wet in the 1960s and Uncle paid 90% of that for my commercial training.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this