Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WTB: Kitfox Fiberglass Ski's

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Looking for a set of original fiberglass Kitfox ski's (Model II-IV).  If you have a set your are looking to sell please let me know.4

image.thumb.jpg

Edited by LSaupe

Posted

Looking for a set of original fiberglass Kitfox ski's (Model II-IV).  If you have a set your are looking to sell please let me know.

What do they look like do you have a pic of exactly what you want

Posted

Gonna try to find a pic of a set.  Buckchop recently posted a pic in his "Kitfox 1" postings.

Posted (edited)

Another option that is a really good one.. I am pretty sure that CAC plastics up here in AK has the mold for a really nice set of fiberglass ski's.  They look like mini Landis 2000's.  I am not sure if he is willing to sell the mold or if he will bust out a pair for you.  I am sure if we can get enough interest generated he will make a run of them.  I have them on my plane and love them! 

:BC:

IMG_2612.JPG

IMG_2616.JPG

Edited by akflyer

Posted

CAC Plastics does have that mold. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just sent a message to Phil at CAC.  I will see what he comes back with.

Edited by LSaupe
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Spoke with Steve at CAC today.  Nice guy and very informative.  He is going to look into reviving the mold or making a new one.  If any of you have an interest in a set please give him a shout.  He also mentioned they plan to put their light weight fiberglass floats back in production (used on light birds like the Avid/Fox).

Edited by LSaupe

Posted (edited)

Spoke with Steve at CAC today.  Nice guy and very informative.  He is going to look into reviving the mold or making a new one.  If any of you have an interest in a set please give him a shout.  He also mentioned they plan to put their light weight fiberglass floats back in production (used on light birds like the Avid/Fox).

Larry,  Just a thought, since you are in communication with Steve, you might ask if they make them to order with different axle sizes?   I wonder if anything ever happened with asking him about the cargo pods?   We don't usually have enough snow to use skis here.   EDMO 

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

This brings up a question to me: has anyone ever heard of a trike equipped plane flying on skis? I was thinking of building some for my Teenie and the Pietenpol the other day but realized I don't think I've ever seen a trike on them before. I'd wonder how the front ski would be rigged to not have any lines interfering in the general area of the prop.

Edited by lostman

Posted

There all over on Challengers,

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

There all over on Challengers,

I know I have seen them on nose-draggers, just cant think of any except C-130, and Tri-Pacer.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Have seen them on a 701 Zenair, worked well

April2014 015.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

Those skis remind me of a set of K-Tell fun skis I had as a kid...

s-l225.jpg

500x375px-0570075c_Ktelfunskis.jpg

Anybody else remember K-Tell??

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Plastic was not invented when I was a kid - only Bakelite, which I think was made from soybeans!  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Have seen them on a 701 Zenair, worked well

April2014 015.JPG

That's an interesting idea of how to attach them to the tire. I kind of like it. That would work well for my application actually. May have to think about this some more if we actually get enough snow here in Jersey to use them. I could put them together fairly quickly.

I see the builder decided to forgo the leading edge slats and do VG's as well. I've done a lot of reading on guys doing the same and not having much difference on the low end of performance but being slightly faster on the upper end. Seems like a good trade off from what I've read.

Thanks for the post!