Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Measurement needed KF IV 1200

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I need a measurement between the second and third gear mount as shown.  Can anyone help?

20161026_182858.jpg

Posted (edited)

I need a measurement between the second and third gear mount as shown.  Can anyone help?

20161026_182858.jpg

While someone is measuring, how about posting all the measurements for all the gear mounts starting at the front edge of strut mount.  

I am sure you will get some answers, but if not, I have a kitfox 3 that I might be able to measure - guess it is the same?   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Where you have your marks, On my model 1 it is 8 7/8 between. If you go where the bolt sits it is 10 inches between, I would bet you there all the same.

Posted

Thanks for your help.  I'll take a look and see if that makes sense.  That is the only tube where I got a good kink in both sides where I can't get an accurate measurement by myself to replace them.

Posted

it should work when I bought my high wing gear it was build for a model 4 and fit right on my model 1

Posted

I verified it with someone that had a model IV and it is the exact same measurement that you gave.  That is good to know.

I've got one side all done and fitted and now I'm going to copy everything over and get the other side done.  Then I'll make sure everything is square and finish weld it.

2 people like this