Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fish Creek Lakes trip

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Last week me and a buddy took a little trip to spend a few days at a friends cabin. Had a great time once we both got there (we got separated in a snow storm and my buddy had to land down river about 20 miles and spend the night). The pics did not come out that great from the video camera but you will ge the idea.

post-2-12602079307909_thumb.jpg

post-2-1260207948717_thumb.jpg

post-2-12602079829879_thumb.jpg

post-2-12602080078943_thumb.jpg

post-2-12602080383219_thumb.jpg

post-2-12602080630693_thumb.jpg

post-2-12602080872967_thumb.jpg

post-2-12602081113695_thumb.jpg

post-2-12602081251145_thumb.jpg

post-2-12602081385836_thumb.jpg

post-2-12602081523088_thumb.jpg

post-2-12602081660736_thumb.jpg

post-2-12602081798215_thumb.jpg

Posted

Looks like an awesome place to fly!! I gotta get up there someday and fly with you guys!

Posted

Last week me and a buddy took a little trip to spend a few days at a friends cabin. Had a great time once we both got there (we got separated in a snow storm and my buddy had to land down river about 20 miles and spend the night). The pics did not come out that great from the video camera but you will ge the idea.

Cool pics, my wife is into photography and she would love those sunset shots.What ever you had for dinner must have made you really sleepy. Looks like you had a good time,kind of looks like our elk hunting camp,we dont always get elk but have a hell of a good time.Keep those Alaska pics coming.Randy

Posted

Cool pics, my wife is into photography and she would love those sunset shots.What ever you had for dinner must have made you really sleepy. Looks like you had a good time,kind of looks like our elk hunting camp,we dont always get elk but have a hell of a good time.Keep those Alaska pics coming.Randy

:lol: That was the guy that owns the lodge at the other end of the lake, and my buddy that owns the cabin.. I just flew thru a 50 mile snow storm that dropped visibility to about 200' I was flying IFR ( I follow Rivers) for awhile so it took a good bit to get me tipsy... adrenaline is a wonderful drug!

Some of the pics pissed me off cause they were AWSOME sunrise pics, but I left my good still digital at home and had to take pics with the video cam.. alot more grainy than I wanted. Next time I will damn sure have both cameras with me!

Working on the vid, but the POS HD helmet cam I bought is pissing me off on the quality of the video.

:BC:

Posted

So-- We have two Avids and what is the third? Looks like a Supercub, maybe? The angle makes it look smaller.

Are you going to stay with the Lotus Floats this winter or switch to regular skis?

Grainy or not, those are some beautiful pictures.

Posted

So-- We have two Avids and what is the third? Looks like a Supercub, maybe? The angle makes it look smaller.

Are you going to stay with the Lotus Floats this winter or switch to regular skis?

Grainy or not, those are some beautiful pictures.

The third is a 100 hp T craft. That belongs to the guy that owns the cabin we were at.

My ski's are on Wagonmasters Blue MK IV so I will stick with the floats till we get another set of ski's built for the Mk IV.

Posted

I put my 140 on skis and picked up my dad from One Stone Lake on the 3rd. During the snowstorm they had 4 1/2 feet (!) of snow in a 24 hour period. Needless to say, they were housebound for a couple days. The day after they tried to get moving but the snowmachine would only make it 2 or 3 feet before burying itself. A couple friends were able to make it over the next day and help put in a strip on the lake. By the time I made it out the snow had settled to about three feet.

Nice pics Leni.

Posted

video clips from the trip

Posted

video clips from the trip

That was great,thats some beautiful country up there.Sounds cool listening to the 582 humming along.Keep those pics coming. Randy

Posted

I just watched the one I uploaded and realized I had put the wrong one up... I had a better ending on another movie and some transitions to it... I guess posting video at work while "multi-tasking" does not work to well for me :lol:

Posted

BUT-- When you went up Fish Creek, did you have a paddle? :french11:

Posted

BUT-- When you went up Fish Creek, did you have a paddle? :french11:

:lol: nope, wel yeah actually, there was a boat with oars and an outboard.. but I dont have the paddle on my floats this time of year :lol: