Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Garmin GPSCOM 190 wanted

6 posts in this topic

Posted

(Know it's an antique, but it fits the holder)  Anyone have a Garmin GPSCOM 190 in their closet?  Really need the headset connector, but would be willing to buy the whole thing to get it. Tried Garmin, eBay, most internet sites. Don't need the GPS part (have an iFly 740), but it's a really good COM unit.  My email address is don@donhallwr.com.

Posted

Well, zip ties and gorilla glue work almost as good as duct tape.  It's working, but if anyone finds one in a garage sale, let me know.

Posted

Lady in Illinois read this and has sent me a 190 with the connectors and mount.  Love this forum!

1 person likes this

Posted

G'day Don, Wondering if you would be interested in helping me out with  a problem I have with my GPSCOM 190? The battery connector has fallen apart, so I can no longer power up the GPS or COM. The piece in question is the spring loaded contacts that the battery rests against when it is in the unit. 

Garmin can't help me with a replacement part, and I've been hunting for a failed unit for spare parts. Saw your post and thought it worth asking if you could help out.

Posted

I have a GPS   195 that I know works.  Mount, antenna 12 volt power cord.  Interested?  JImChuk

Posted

G'day Jim

Sorry about the delay getting back to you. A few family dramas.

I'm really looking for a way to fix the GPSCOM 190, so that I can have a back up Com AND back up GPS without having to carry two separate units.