Avid/Kitfox or project wanted!

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey all, I believe I finally have my Teenie Two sold this week. Not trying to count the chicks before the eggs hatch but also don't want to sell my flying aircraft and now have something lined up to replace it with.

Projects are OKAY! If you haven't seen my Pietenpol thread look it up, I'm not a stranger to rebuilding. I'd love a MK IV and passed one up just a couple weeks ago that was on here because I didn't have the Teenie sold. Now I'm regretting it of course. Kitfox may be okay as well but I'm more familiar with the Avid to start with.

Obviously east coast or eastern mid-west states are preferred. However if it's a good deal I'll entertain anything.

Someone out there has to know of a barn find or a ramp mummy that needs help. I'd love to give an old bird new wings so to speak.

If this doesn't pan out I may just have to rebuild from "scratch" and get the Pursang back in the air again with a new name.

Let me know what you have or know about in your area.

Posted

Lostman,

I have a SkyRaider1 project I might sell.

Posted

PM sent!

Posted

This one is in Idaho. B model extended speed wings that were cut off for some reason. No wing tanks. Tank was in front of the panel. Set up for two stroke. Was a really nice bird in her hayday. No paperwork. Everything appears straight. Comes with trailer. Pic of it on floats was many years ago.

IMG_1124.JPG

IMG_1128.JPG

IMG_1138.JPG

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1143.JPG

IMG_1145.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1667.JPG

Posted

What is he asking for it? 

Posted

What happened to the floats?

Posted

such a nice airplane project, wish it had paper work

Posted

I bet Jim has something for sale ;)

Posted

such a nice airplane project, wish it had paper work

Some people don't want paper work - Costs too much for annual condition inspections, when a builder can get cert and do it themselves.  Ed

Posted

I'm with Ed, if I am going to rebuild it from that stage I think I'd rather pay up front a little bit to get the certification that I built it for future condition inspections. Personally I think that would save enough money in the long run to make it well worth the hassle. 

I bet Jim has something for sale ;)

That is if he'll let it go! I hadn't thought of that though, he usually does have a complete stable of them around. Wonder if he'll chime in tomorrow. He's probably too busy playing with his new aircraft and sleeping tonight. 

Posted

Actually I have the Kitfox 1 almost ready to go.  I sent the prop to Warp Drive to balance it and make sure all was good.  It came back looking like new.  Put it on this afternoon.  It's still not as smooth as the IVO, but performs way better.  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Some people don't want paper work - Costs too much for annual condition inspections, when a builder can get cert and do it themselves.  Ed

I didn't want to pay more sales taxes.  I also didn't want to go through all the inspections and 40 hours of phase one flight testing.  

Not to mention, I'm not that conceited to think that another set of Eyes on my plane every year for $100 is a bad thing. 

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

I didn't want to pay more sales taxes.  I also didn't want to go through all the inspections and 40 hours of phase one flight testing.  

Not to mention, I'm not that conceited to think that another set of Eyes on my plane every year for $100 is a bad thing. 

Different situations for different people:  Some have told me that the yearly conditional inspection was costing $500 or so, and as a builder with the cert they can avoid paying that.   Whichever works best for you.   :BC:   EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

If it was only $100 I might not mind it as much. Every where I've lived I have either had a friend or family member that was an A&P, however, if I hadn't it would cost me upwards of $500, even for the simplest of inspections. I agree that a second set of eyes is always a good thing, unless they belong to prying eyes or FAA personnel without the best of intentions. ;) 

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi Kenneth,

I have an Avid MKIV with HH wings, new fuel tanks, bush gear and standard gear.

Posted

I'll send a PM, thanks!