Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Foot Pedals

11 posts in this topic

Posted

I want to purchase brake pedals for my AVID C model that have the right geometry.  I don't have the tools to make my own.   Attached is a picture of my existing foot pedal.  Practically need to stand on them to get the brakes to engage enough to start slowing the plane.  So If you have a set to sell let me know.  Thanks

IMG_2272.JPG

Posted

Can you move the upper pivot to the inner hole? That might give you the recommended mechanical advantage.

Posted

I tried that but it does not work very well.  The arm needs to be at the bottom pivot point on the pedal. 

Posted

Something like Bandit did in this thread would work without changing the cylinders, scroll down until you see the picture in Bandit's post.

Posted

I want to purchase brake pedals for my AVID C model that have the right geometry.  I don't have the tools to make my own.   Attached is a picture of my existing foot pedal.  Practically need to stand on them to get the brakes to engage enough to start slowing the plane.  So If you have a set to sell let me know.  Thanks

IMG_2272.JPG

Maybe the apparent sharp  bend in the clear line isn't helping.

Posted

That from where I pulled out to take a picture.  Bend is not there when in normal position.

Posted

Looks like Bandit's mod will fix your problem and you wont need new MCs.  EDMO

Posted

Looks like with only a few pieces of flat metal and sending your pedals out to get welded it wouldn't be hard to copy what Bandit has. I like the idea in order to keep changing things to a minimum. What about having Leni weld something onto yours for you? I'd do it but you'd have to ship them to the lower 48 and back. I'm open to the idea if it would help you out though. 

Posted

Thanks for that generous offer.  I am assessing which direction to go.  I have asked Leni to do a lot already.  Thanks for all the help.

Posted

Moving to the inner hole will do almost nothing.

Measure a line from the peddle pivot point to the attachment of the MC, compared to the pivot point to the top of the peddle.  That is the ratio.

Lowering the tab will increase the ratio.

Posted

Something like Bandit did in this thread would work without changing the cylinders, scroll down until you see the picture in Bandit's post.

Nice mod Bandit - Lots cheaper than buying new short MCs.  EDMO