Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HOW IS NEW ZEALAND - DUSTY?

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Well, my foggy old brain forgot how to pull up the members list so I could contact Dusty in NZ - They had a 7.8 Quake there just 57 miles from Christchurch, and TSUNAMI waves coming into that city.  I am guessing that is where Dusty lives, and wanted a report from him.  Can anyone pull up his handle and send him a message?  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

All good here,thanks for your concern,WHAT A RIDE! We are all coming to grips with what has happened 

Christchurch got off lightly as all the old dodgy buildings got taken out last time.

It was like being in a small boat in a rough sea for around 2 minutes.

Posted (edited)

All good here,thanks for your concern,WHAT A RIDE! We are all coming to grips with what has happened 

Christchurch got off lightly as all the old dodgy buildings got taken out last time.

It was like being in a small boat in a rough sea for around 2 minutes.

Glad you are OK - Didn't know if it was night when it struck.  We had a few in Anchorage where my hanging lights were swinging and the house shaking, but ended before I could get outside.  Sure don't want to be in a Tsunami tho!   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

It was just after midnight when the first one hit,we are still getting aftershocks of 4-5 on the Richter scale,                                   The tsunami sirens have finally stopped,We are 2nm inland and 10 m above sea level so decided to stay put.                           This quake triggered others in both islands,we aren't called the shaky islands for nothing.

Posted

It was just after midnight when the first one hit,we are still getting aftershocks of 4-5 on the Richter scale,                                   The tsunami sirens have finally stopped,We are 2nm inland and 10 m above sea level so decided to stay put.                           This quake triggered others in both islands,we aren't called the shaky islands for nothing.

6.2 in Argentina next to Chile this morning too.  EDMO

Posted

Matthew 24:7......JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

BBC posted damage photos - cant tell exactly where they were taken - reported "2 dead" -

Didn't realize you were a dot on map of Pacific "Ring of Fire" until I looked.   EDMO 

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

Tuesday news: 15 Nov. 2016:   U.S. warship at NZ - Helicopters helping.   Glad they got there fast - looks like there was more destruction than originally thought.  Wishing the best recovery for all the folks there.  I saw the cows stranded on the knob with all the pasture collapsed around them - also that they got home OK.  What a sight!  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Hi Ed

Good to good to have a US battleship so close.A bunch of tree hugging do gooders were planning a protest,guess the wind got knocked out of their sails.The cows have been rescued and the stranded tourists are being evacuated,600 so far!                                         The main highway and rail link will be out for months,experts are saying there is more to come and possibly bigger.                       We have a major fault running the length of he country that will generate at least an 8 on the richter!                                                    I guess we just have to move forward (or maybe up down back and forwards)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Guess you have thought about moving to Aussieland?  Your bird have enough gas for that trip?  I don't know how far it is - just looks short on the map.  But, there is no place like home, even if it shakes!  That's what I said about Alaska.

Wishing you the best.  Cheers,  Ed

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Bit far for my fox Ed,14ish hours?across the Tasman,most light aircraft do a fuel stop on lord Howe island.

I definatly won't be moving to Aussie,we'll be all good.Just a bump in the road.

1 person likes this