Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

OLD MERLIN GT 95%

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Anyone see the old 1995 Merlin GT 95% finished with no prop showing on ebay for about $25K - May be a long time before that sells! 

Maybe I should have put this in the JOKES section?  

Didn't one of our guys in Anchorage buy a GT for about $500?  Of course condition matters, but not that much!  

It's in Wisconsin, in case anyone is interested.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

I like the paint job.  Cool!

But did laugh at the 8x6 "tundra tires" !

What motor is hanging on there?

Edited by MN Kitfox 2

Posted

I like the paint job.  Cool!

But did laugh at the 8x6 "tundra tires" !

What motor is hanging on there?

No engine or prop listed, but looks like a prop flange showing.   Might not be a bad plane, but not at that price.   EDMO

Posted

The 6th and 7th pictures show the engine.  Looks like a Subaru to me.  JImChuk

s-l1600.jpg

Posted

Low Ball him Jim!

Posted

I'm not buying nothing!  Well not for that price anyway;-)  Actually I have to get rid of some of the stuff that I have now before I think about bringing something else home.  Or build another hangar/machine shed.  I did fly the Kitfox 1 this evening, It's about ready to go on the market.  To bad it's so late in the year.  Probably have to wait till spring.  JImChuk 

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not buying nothing!  Well not for that price anyway;-)  Actually I have to get rid of some of the stuff that I have now before I think about bringing something else home.  Or build another hangar/machine shed.  I did fly the Kitfox 1 this evening, It's about ready to go on the market.  To bad it's so late in the year.  Probably have to wait till spring.  JImChuk 

Load it on a trailer and take it south with you

Posted (edited)

I think Jim should vacation in California - bout the same distance - He could build some of Joey's planes while joey is playing in the sand!  That almost looks like a Dave Johnson redrive on the Soob, but haven't seen one of his with the starter forward - yet.  It could be a RAM, or someone elses?   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Hey Ed, don't mess up the plans I'm hatching to kidnap Jim and drag him to North Florida this winter.....  His wife won't miss him for a week or two I'm sure! :-)

I'm even working on plans for a new hangar so he'll have plenty of room to work.  Of course, all the locks will be on the outside of the doors! :lmao:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

You don't need a lock - just put a python or gator in front of the door!  :lol:  Big Blacksnake might work too!  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

You don't need a lock - just put a python or gator in front of the door!  :lol:  Big Blacksnake might work too!  EDMO

I fly airplanes that I work on.  Nothing scares me!  ;-)  Hey Mark, to bad you're half way across Florida, I would give you a hand if you were close.   (then we would see how brave you are;-)   TJay,  I would be tempted to drag it along if I had someplace to keep it down there.  JImChuk

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted (edited)

Mark might get you on floats down there, and you could probably park free - let the bird warm up and thaw out.  Just check close for snakes before takeoff - no need to be Indiana Jones!   EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

No engine or prop listed, but looks like a prop flange showing.   Might not be a bad plane, but not at that price.   EDMO

Not sure if you know this trick Ed, but on lots of ebay adds if you put the little arrow (using the mouse) on the picture, it will show an enlarged box of the picture that you can move around and magnify different parts of the picture.  If you left click on the box, the whole picture will expand.  Then on either side of the picture you will have arrows that will move to the next picture if you click on that arrow.  There were 12 pictures total in that add by the way.  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

Not sure if you know this trick Ed, but on lots of ebay adds if you put the little arrow (using the mouse) on the picture, it will show an enlarged box of the picture that you can move around and magnify different parts of the picture.  If you left click on the box, the whole picture will expand.  Then on either side of the picture you will have arrows that will move to the next picture if you click on that arrow.  There were 12 pictures total in that add by the way.  JImChuk

Thanks for helping the elderly Jim - I knew that, but just made a quick look at the Merlin ad and the plane looked good but was shocked at the asking price, so I didn't look farther.  I figured it had a 582.  The Soob engine is more to my liking, but not at that price.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

Another MERLIN GT w/Soob just came on ebay at a better price - well - lower starting bid of $3800 - In Florida. 

That might be your winter project JIM....EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Ed,  just out of curiosity, I looked for it.   Didn't find it.  do you have a link to it?  JImChuk

Posted

Hi Ed,  It looks to me that the plane is located in Illinois.  Closer to you.  Maybe you should buy it yourself.  Doesn't look like much to fix it up.  You could fly it while you finish your other one.  JImChuk

Item location:
Grant Park, Illinois, United States

Ships to:
United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia

Posted (edited)

I don't know how I read that as Grant Park, Florida instead of Illinois?  I would like to have it at right price, but got too much to do - don't have time for much flying.  You could pick it up on the way down to Florida.....I think Grant park is near Chicago?    There is a Grant's farm here, next to U.S. Grant's "Dent" in-laws old house.  The farm is fenced in by thousands of rifle barrels from the Civil War - Guess taxpayers paid for it?   It is now owned by the Busch (Budweiser) family.  

This plane looks like a small fabric/paint repair or some Duct tape would let you fly it home.    Sounds like he is not too anxious to let it go if his kid is in A&P school and he can get it fixed there.   EdMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Both Merlins failed to sell - the 1999 got bids to $8800 but not get to his reserve price.  The 1995 got no takers at the high price.  EDMO

Posted

The cheaper one is on barnstorers now for $12,500.   Better snap it up Ed. ;-)  JImChuk

1999 MERLIN GT • $12,500 • FOR IMMEDIATE SALE 1999 Merlin Gt. 273hrs TT. 100hp Ea-81. Fuel injected. 26" tundra tires 8" tail wheel. Led landing lights, strobes/nav lights. Day/Night vfr. Terra Tri-Nav, Elt, Narco transponder.15 gal fuel tank. 800# with 1320# max TO. There is video on y tube. Search Merlin GT. I sold this last year. Unfortunately it was damaged during transport. I had every intention on repairing and re selling. Changed my mind. The damage is slight and concentrated to the right leading edge of the wing. The wing was rubbing on the landing gear. I have additional photos and can send via email. • Contact John Coletti, Owner - located Grant Park, IL USA • Telephone: 773-858-2762 . • Posted November 17, 2016 Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Pictures

1x1.gif

scaled_9f75_106x80_1197500-IMG_20150913_scaled_9147_120x80_1197500-IMG_9013_582escaled_3018_120x80_1197500-IMG_9033_582escaled_e482_120x80_1197500-IMG_9031_582escaled_9b3b_120x80_1197500-IMG_9038_582e
1 person likes this

Posted

I would grab it if I wanted a nice taildragger - My barn is full!  EDMO