Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mk4 seat in a C model

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Has anyone retrofitted the mk4 fiberglass seat into a C model? I could use a bit more hedroom

Posted

Can you loosen up the ties on the cloth seat to get it lower?  I've had both cloth and fiberglass seats, and found the fiberglass one to be not near as comfortable.  In an hour my back would be killing me.  It did help when I started putting a foam pillow behind the small of my back.    JImChuk

Posted

I am 6 ft tall and the laces are pretty loose already. My buddies Mk4 seemed to have more headroom but I'm not sure if the seat is the whole difference

Posted

Maybe you did already, but if not, try tightening up the ropes on the back bottom of the seat with more slack on the front ones..  That will move the seat back some.  I'm 5'9" on a good day, so headroom's not that big of a problem for me, but the fiberglass seat was not comfortable for me without the lumbar support.  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

Guess different folks are made differernt - I am - was - 5' 8" and my step-son-in-law was 6' 8".  Planning the mods for my plane I measured both of us sitting from butt to top of head - He was only 1" more than me. ???  Go figure!  It was all in the legs, or my fat ass!

I hated the Kitfox fiberglass seat - it was too uncomfortable - hard to get out of - and my visibility sucked:  I used Cabela's 16" wide high-backed boat seats and raised my crosstubes and wings 6" - Maybe not as good as custom seats, but I can sit comfortably, get out easily, and see lots better now.  Suberavid has the same seats and raised his skylight, but not his wings, and I think he is over 6'.   EDMO 

Edited by EDMO