Builders reference.... and it's free.

13 posts in this topic

Posted

:welcome:

Here is the link to the FAA AC 43.13 1b Acceptable Methods, Techniques, and Practices - Aircraft Inspection and Repair

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAdvisoryCircular.nsf/0/99C827DB9BAAC81B86256B4500596C4E?OpenDocument

While it is the bible for A&P's, next to a Mfgs specific manual, for Type Certificated aircraft, it contains a wealth of information that can, and IMHO, should be applied when questions arise...such as the circuit protection issue being discussed on the other site. (see Chapter 11)

But then... if you just bundle enough telephone wire together you can make you own starter cable.... right?  :hammerhead:

Posted

you should sticky these reference topics so they don't get lost.  I just stickied this one

good info..  and if you do decide to bundle the telephone wire, make sure you twist the bundles for RF suppression..... :lol:

Posted

Steve

What gauge is the wire 19-22-24 . I need to know so i can lighten the bird up some .  :lol:

Fly safe fly low fly slow

JP

Posted

JP,

It might be better to just take the bare end of each existing wire (+) and hold it to ground  (-) while the Master Switch is on.

This will release the heavy "magic smoke" contained in all wires, and then you can refill each wire with helium.

The less electrons,protrons, and nutrients in the wire, the lighter it should be.

That's my theory...and I'm sticking to it.

steve  :hammerhead:

Posted

HMMMMM i do not recommend this way of doing things . I  done tried it and the ends of the fingers are now smoked  :flame:.

Your theory is complete  :bsflag:

Just my :2cent:

I dont think it really worth that much  :sharedoobie:

Later im going flying in the AM

JP

Posted

JP,

I stand by my theory, and pass along another, found at http://www.msu.edu/user/dynicrai/physics/dark.htm

If it wasn't true, it couldn't be on the Internet.

Steve       

Posted

Dear Steve,

If I try to put a new bolt in my tail wheel and it is too short to hit the lock nut, or to short to get a cotter key in, is the bolt really to short for safe operations?  Just wondering before I take a chance on ground looping and wrecking my nice plane over a 2.00 bolt..  I mean, how does one tell if the bolt really is too short. :sharedoobie:

Posted

Dear Leni,

Superglue the bolt to the airframe and tack-weld the nut to the bolt, then anneal the aft end of the fuselage with a oxy torch.

A coat hanger works great for a welding rod too.

That's the way I always do it.

Posted

ok that what I was thinkin I should do, I just wanted a strangers opinion on how to save my ass for sure!

Thanks advise guy....

:beerchug:

Posted

My tail wheel bolt is nither to long or to short, not superglued or welded

I think its just tightly wound with a clothes hanger

Posted

I would make sure you used good heavy duty hangers not the cheap flimsy ones.. and make sure you have 7-11 twists per inch :lol:  :sharedoobie:

Posted

And i was really hoping for some advice on how to lubricate the muffler bearing so when i rotated the air in my tires the brakes wouldnt lock up... Any suggestions? I did put one of the tires back on upside down because that side seemed to rotate faster then the other so i rotated it clockwise 180 degrees to give it a head start on the other tire :)

1 person likes this

Posted

SP, I think your gonna fit in here just fine!  :lmao:

:BC:

1 person likes this