Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rotax 582 Grey Head For Sale

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Rotax 582 Grey Head Dual Ignition.  120 Original Hours.  Ran Flawlessly.  Everything firewall forward goes with sell.  Includes In Flight adjustable carbs, muffler, Mark 4 mounts, starter, C Drive, Ducati ignition, Cheek radiators.  All seals were replaced 3 years ago prior to running engine for first time at zero hours.  One bolt in exhaust was stripped but oversized. One fitting on engine on crank case for the oil was stripped but fixed.  This engine ran with no failure and is ready to bolt on and run now.  Shipping to lower 48 states from Alaska is about $350.  I will discount price to make up shipping.

I am selling because I am re-powering with a rotax 912.

Asking $3000.00

IMG_2297.JPG

IMG_2302.JPG

IMG_2301.JPG

IMG_2300.JPG

IMG_2299.JPG

IMG_2298.JPG

Edited by lv2plyguitar

Posted

Looks like a pretty good deal. Not that I need it right now, but are you using the prop or is that going with the engine as well?

Posted

He isn't using the prop I am :)

:BC:

4 people like this

Posted

:funnypostabove: LOL, rep'd!

1 person likes this

Posted

"In flight adjustable carbs"... Like a throttle cable?  :P

Posted (edited)

"In flight adjustable carbs"... Like a throttle cable?  :P

I'm guessing Arctic Sparrow.

Do you have any additional pics of your heat set up? I have the fiberglass piece and orange tubing that came in a box with my new MKIV. If I ever move back to the NW I am going to need a heat set up.

Edited by C5Engineer

Posted

I guess a setup for MK4 will fit into Type C as well. Just starting to rebuilt a bird that settled since 2006. I have an engine mount for 582 but nothing more under the cowling.

Would you ship to germany?

Posted

The in flight adjustable carbs allow you to adjust the needle as you gain altitude giving you more control over EGT and enhancing fuel savings.  In the picture the white cable going into the top of carb is what controls it.  The dials are installed on the dash.  However I noticed that a stiffer cable would be nice to eliminate the play as the cable is turned.  Mike Jacober was able to summit Mt. McKinley with a 582 with this same set up.

Posted

I guess a setup for MK4 will fit into Type C as well. Just starting to rebuilt a bird that settled since 2006. I have an engine mount for 582 but nothing more under the cowling.

Would you ship to germany?

Sorry I probably could not afford to ship to Germany.