Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Denney Aerocraft Kitfox IV

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Here's a copy and paste of an old AOPA Article. Enjoy.

-Nate

KitFox Article AOPA 1991.doc

Posted

Pretty cool article! It's too bad Dean was not a business man or he would have all the fame. Dean was the designer and Denney was the business man.

Posted

Here's a couple more articles, this time from Kitplanes magazine. One is a buyers guide to used KF's and the other is a great article on Dean Wilson. I know some people here have contact with Mr. Wilson. From all that I have read, he is quite an individual. I bought Avid #55 as a wreck and in the logbook it has the initial flight as being performed by Dean. I think that's pretty cool.

-Nate

Used Guide-Kitfox.pdf

Dean Wilson feature.pdf

Posted

Here's a couple more articles, this time from Kitplanes magazine. One is a buyers guide to used KF's and the other is a great article on Dean Wilson. I know some people here have contact with Mr. Wilson. From all that I have read, he is quite an individual. I bought Avid #55 as a wreck and in the logbook it has the initial flight as being performed by Dean. I think that's pretty cool.

-Nate

Great Article on Dean! One guy I would love to meet and BS with. I cant tell you how much fun I have in the Avid. It really has put the fun back into flying with the things I can do on 65 HP and a few bucks. Alot more fun taking this into a short strip knowing I am not gonna loose my life savings if I do bend it up. Makes it alot more fun to not have to think about it!

:BC:

Posted

Dean is a family friend of mine. He is an amazing guy even now in his 70's. I can pass along numbers to him to contact you if you really have something you want to pick is brain about. He has asked me not to give out his number but I can pass yours along to him and he will most likely call you back.

Posted

Dean is a family friend of mine. He is an amazing guy even now in his 70's. I can pass along numbers to him to contact you if you really have something you want to pick is brain about. He has asked me not to give out his number but I can pass yours along to him and he will most likely call you back.

Did that earlier this year when wondering about CG issues... he told me to move it back to 18-20" and have fun.

Posted

How tall are most of y'all? I am 6'2.5" and weigh 205 lbs. I have the sling seat and have ordered the fiberglass seat from airdale in hopes to give me more leg and head room. When I fly for a while my left foot gets tingly numb due to how small the cockpit. Will the new seat help and is there anything I could do or a way to stretch the length of the cockpit?

Posted

How tall are most of y'all? I am 6'2.5" and weigh 205 lbs. I have the sling seat and have ordered the fiberglass seat from airdale in hopes to give me more leg and head room. When I fly for a while my left foot gets tingly numb due to how small the cockpit. Will the new seat help and is there anything I could do or a way to stretch the length of the cockpit?

I dunno... with my Mk-IV, I never found the F/G seat very comfy, preferred the sling seat actually. I'm short 'n thick tho... :P

Posted

I'm 5'11 and bouncing around 200. I liked the seat pan on the KF cause it gave me more leg room, but on long flights I much prefer the sling seat.

Posted

I think the F/G seat pan on my KF3 is noticeably more comfortable than the Avid's, which tended to catch me behind the leg IIRC.