Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

100 LB TURKEY

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

How would you like to have this 100 lb turkey coming to dinner? - (100 Million years ago).  EDMO

Scan0363.jpg

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I seriously doubt that that thing had squat for STOL capabilities!

Posted (edited)

I seriously doubt that that thing had squat for STOL capabilities!

Well, it could have been the ancestor of an Ostrich instead of a turkey - The head looks Ostrich - guess they never flew...  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

The turkey would be bad, but that bug in his mouth would be even worse!!!!

Posted

Yes,  If these descendants of the Dinosaurs didn't eat the bugs, then we would have a miserable life!   EDMO

Posted

Hard to imagine dragonflies with a 14" wingspan!!! I had 3 classes in entomology in college... And bugs still give me the creeps!!! :flamegun:

Goliathusorientalis-GoliathBeetlela.jpg

Posted

I've seen mosquitos up in northing Mn and Canada with 14" wingspans.  Their poker was about the size of a 16 penny nail.   Well it felt like it anyway.  (this is the joke section after all)  JImChuk

2 people like this

Posted

I've seen mosquitos up in northing Mn and Canada with 14" wingspans.  Their poker was about the size of a 16 penny nail.   Well it felt like it anyway.  (this is the joke section after all)  JImChuk

That sounds about right.  We have lots of mosquitos here in Florida, but they aren't that big of a problem.  They have all year to get their business done, so they aren't in a hurry and don't eat too much because of the heat.  Those northern mosquitos are vicious - they know they only have a couple of weeks to get busy, and they have to get big to muscle out the competition.  I'm pretty sure a group of those Wisconsin mosquitos at Oshkosh can carry off a cow to a place where they can drain it in peace.........

Mark

Posted (edited)

Yes Mark, I read about the dragonflies with 2 foot wingspans too.  Guess everything was bigger back then?

I thought they had big mosquitos in Alaska, but maybe it was just because there were so many of them?  Strange to walk out in 3 feet of snow and see mosquitos.  Best story I heard came from Louisiana:  Old Cajun said, "Our mosquitos are so big that one of them landed at an Air Force base and they pumped jet fuel into it until they figured out the markings on it were not our military!"   EDMO

Edited by EDMO
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The mosquito is the state bird in Louisiana! ;)

e309cb112bcaeadfa9fa8af49611f8e1a53f4554

alaska-sign-sq-teaser.jpg

Edited by Fly-n-Low
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The mosquito is the state bird in Louisiana! ;)

e309cb112bcaeadfa9fa8af49611f8e1a53f4554

alaska-sign-sq-teaser.jpg

The guy on the sign was probably one of my Thibadeaux Cousins!  Glad some of them came to Swamp-East Mizry, but think they may have brought some "Lousyanna Skeeters" with them!  :BC:  EDMO

Edited by EDMO