Jet CriCri

29 posts in this topic

Posted

I hope my AVID C model will do all that when I get the 100hp 912 installed.  LOL

Posted

Excellent video, excellent aircraft.

I am waiting for my first flight with CriCri next spring. This summer i had opportunity just to sit in the cockpit, but I need to perform all setup of the plane according my shape and weight. The reason is that aircraft empty weight is 64 kg (141 pounds) only.  Owner and builder of this aircraft asked me for flying this plane, but I decided to do it next year about May due to good weather required.

Our CriCri has two engines each of 20HP so it is not so powerful as jet version, but still excellent performer.

I will send picture later today , slow internet connection in work.

141 lbs?  Is that CriCri registered as an ultralight or a Kite?  ???  Guess you can fly either without a multi-engine rating?   EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

;) well, yes. It is (can be) registered as ultralight here. There is even not required multi engine rating.

Cri-Cri was designed by Michael Colomban. Michel Colomban (born 1932 in France) is a French aeronautical engineer known for his home-built aircraft. He originally worked for Morane-Saulnier[1] on the Morane-Saulnier MS-880 (Rallye), and also later for Société Nationale d'Industrie Aérospatiale. He designed the Colomban Cri-cri in 1973. In the 1990s, he also designed the aluminium and composite Colomban MC-100 Ban-Bi, a two-seat aircraft that can reach 300 km/h (186 mph) with an 80 hp (60 kW) Rotax engine.

As far as I know (just word of mouth) he was working on supersonic Concorde project. Cri-Cri is only "home build" aircraft constructed with full support of wind tunnel measurement with full size aircraft. Even with one engine working is able to climb safely and it is fully aerobatic plane. There is not very important impact of one engine only flight regarding directional stability.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am impressed with his designs - that Ban-Bi 80hp outruns the RVs.  EDMO