Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Found - Bi-Wing Pietenpol "Aerial" !

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Lostman,  I found an old brochure for an Aerial Bi-plane on the Pietenpol chassis by St. Croix Aircraft in Corning, Iowa.  Will attach a copy of front page in edit in few minutes.   I also have several mags on the Acro Sport.  They recommend Aircraft engines 85 to 150 hp.   EDMO

Scan0366.jpg

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

I had heard of this company before in my reading on the history of the Pietenpol. To my knowledge there were very few built due to the extra time involved in building two more wings and the complexity and drag it induced. Apparently it needed more horse power to fly as well as the mono-wing Piet. Although the climb was fairly well it lacked the same top speed due to the extra drag. At least that is what I could gather from reports on the net, you know how those can be though. Cool looking though. 

Thanks for posting!

Posted

I've got lots of paperwork and I hope some interested person gets it when I am gone - before it hits the trash can!  Somewhere I have a complete set of plans for either a Zenith 701 or 801 - haven't seen it since moving from Alaska, but I know I paid good money for it.   EDMO