Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Familiar Noise?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I was watching this video and near the end of it I heard what I thought to be a familiar sound from someone else's video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B5ZVj2rqCE Anyone else heard it before?     Lou

Posted

no expert but it sounds like a loose bolt somewhere rattling in a hole. Once the engine hits a certain vibration frequency it stops and then starts up again when the rpms go down the sound comes back. To me it does not sound engine /prop related. Again that is my impression from an internet video so the sound may be completely different in person.

Mark

2 people like this

Posted

sounds like something rattling around in the camera housing or the way its mounted.

Posted

I thought it was similar to the noise in videos that had been posted by, I believe, Knuckledrager prior to his incident in January.     Lou

1 person likes this

Posted

I was thinking that was what you were getting at. But I think his noise was quite a bit different.

:BC:

Posted

I thought it was similar to the noise in videos that had been posted by, I believe, Knuckledrager prior to his incident in January.     Lou

this video got my attention because it mentioned a noise.  So I listened but I don't think it's sounds like what I was hearing in my plane. 

I think I agree with leni about it sounding like the camera mount,  except...  was the camera set up to capture the sound? Thus implying the sound was there before the cam?

1 person likes this

Posted

Sounds like audio clipping, do not know if the camera has AGC, most do. (Automatic Gain Control)

MarkD