Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ridge runner for sale on craigslist Spokane

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Nice Ridge runner and trailer for sale, Craigslist, Spokane Wash.

00Y0Y_7VXHyElfkzQ_600x450.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

That looks like a nice set up! Once again I'm on the wrong coast.

Posted

5 of my guys got orders to WRI this week. Maybe one of em has room haha!

Posted (edited)

I wish I was out that way, I'd consider this plane. Although I'm still working on a deal with another member here for a non-Avid type aircraft. The problem is he lives up north and I'm not sure about getting up there this winter with the weather to pick it up. 14 hours each way in the winter is a pretty big gamble.

Anyone know how the space is in the Ridge Runner? I like the idea of a tandem just for the better view. I've very seriously considered building my own from scratch but haven't figured out how to do the w&b to fly up front and still be able to carry a good load all while having cargo space. The figures are much easier with a side by side aircraft for sure. 

Anyone have a w&b for a supercub I could look at?

Edited by lostman

Posted

I wish I was out that way, I'd consider this plane. Although I'm still working on a deal with another member here for a non-Avid type aircraft. The problem is he lives up north and I'm not sure about getting up there this winter with the weather to pick it up. 14 hours each way in the winter is a pretty big gamble.

Anyone know how the space is in the Ridge Runner? I like the idea of a tandem just for the better view. I've very seriously considered building my own from scratch but haven't figured out how to do the w&b to fly up front and still be able to carry a good load all while having cargo space. The figures are much easier with a side by side aircraft for sure. 

Anyone have a w&b for a supercub I could look at?

Its easy to fly up front in a tandem.. remember, a nose heavy aircraft flys poorly, a tail heavy aircraft flys once.  I use my survival gear to keep the W&B where I like it solo.  If I load up heavier or have a passenger I can adjust the bag in the cargo area. 

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

FWIW, I am approximately four hours Southwest of Spokane in Oregon (97065). If anyone from far away wants to buy now and pick up in the Spring, I can help with storage. If you purchase the trailer, I can park it at my place. If plane only, I can store it under cover. Would cost you my fuel plus any insurance if you feel the need. I am not in the market, yet. Just here to soak up any knowledge you gents care to share with me.

3 people like this

Posted

awesome offer!  thanks for that!

:BC:

Posted

Pretty sure it not a full two seats, more like 1 3/4 seats, !

Posted (edited)

Pretty sure it not a full two seats, more like 1 3/4 seats, !

My wife is small....:)  However I fly 99% of the time by myself. 

Edited by lostman

Posted

FWIW, I am approximately four hours Southwest of Spokane in Oregon (97065). If anyone from far away wants to buy now and pick up in the Spring, I can help with storage. If you purchase the trailer, I can park it at my place. If plane only, I can store it under cover. Would cost you my fuel plus any insurance if you feel the need. I am not in the market, yet. Just here to soak up any knowledge you gents care to share with me.

That's an awesome offer! 

Posted

Unless your wife is 4' tall and 50 pounds, it will be very cramped for her.  These are very small planes.

Posted

Good to know Larry, thanks. I can't seem to find much information on them as far as cockpit space goes. 

Posted

The ridge runner is almost the same as a Sky Raider, now out of biz.

Posted

I went to the Ridge Runner website as I had never heard of them before. It was interesting but did not offer much in the way of specifications, at least to me. Models 1-4: Single seat, single with jumpseat option, two seat tandem and now a two seat side by side that has yet to be released. Based in Nampa, ID. I will post the link below and hope it works.

http://www.realflying.com/

Posted

Ramos, like you said not a lot for interior dimensions on the website. That's why I asked. Looks like a fun flying plane though.

Posted

They are a fun little plane.  There's one in my flying group, and a SkyRaider.  For all intents they are exactly the same.  503 Rotax is the power of choice.

The side by side "Frontier" was at Oshkosh back in like 07 or 08.  Since then the plane was dismantled, with no explanation.  I didn't know if the company was still viable... ?

Posted

dismantled, with no explanation. 

What does that mean in the world of aviation? 

Posted

Stace of Ridgerunner only does the airplane thing on the side. It's more of a hobby for him I think. I had a one hour conversation a few weeks ago. He worked for Avid towards the end and did a lot of the testing on the MK4 upgrades as they developed them. He told me to spread the word that he can build parts for Avid's to include gear legs and brake pedals. He works on a mountain in CO and said to leave him a message and he'll get back to you when he gets service. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry, My mistake.  It was a Skyraider, not Ridgerunner.  The airplane was quietly dismantled and is gone.  The kit doesn't exist.  The airplane no longer exists.  Just photos.  Kinda like Bigfoot.

This was the airplane.

Frontier11.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

I checked out that plane at Homedale a while back.

Posted

hey i like that, Its a nice mix between a Kitfox Avid And Just aircraft,

1 person likes this