Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

912 and 914 on ebay

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

6d 13h left

Monday,07:00 AM PST

US $4,000.00

I believe this same seller has the 914 listed - starts about $7500.  I had a problem copying this - disregard below.  Owner will ship.   EDMO

s.gif

|

Edited by EDMO

Posted

$1 says this is a scam.

"This engine was performance tested at altitude to provide a base to compare other modified engines to."  That's a bullshit story if ever I heard one.  It doesn't even make sense.

Posted (edited)

$1 says this is a scam.

"This engine was performance tested at altitude to provide a base to compare other modified engines to."  That's a bullshit story if ever I heard one.  It doesn't even make sense.

I didn't read that - Agree, Sounds like some BS to me too.   I wont be bidding on it regardless.   Do we have anyone near Front Royal, VA to check him out?   That's not far from Washington, D.C.  I have been there.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I looked at their feedback, they have sold some other 912 parts and such along with a bunch of other stuff.  Just for the fun of it, and I'm bored I called their phone #.  Sure sounded like a shop to me.  Gave their business hours and such.   I don't see the accessories for the engine included with it, I think they may have sold them off separately.  Might not be a scam,  hard to make up positive feedbacks on ebay I think.  Maybe I'll call tomorrow just to see what they have to say.  JImChuk

Posted

That would be no less of a scam, IMO.

Sell a stripped down motor less all of the expensive parts.  By the time you buy this long block and then buy back all of the rest of what you need you spend more than what you have in a new motor.

Posted (edited)

I looked at their feedback, they have sold some other 912 parts and such along with a bunch of other stuff.  Just for the fun of it, and I'm bored I called their phone #.  Sure sounded like a shop to me.  Gave their business hours and such.   I don't see the accessories for the engine included with it, I think they may have sold them off separately.  Might not be a scam,  hard to make up positive feedbacks on ebay I think.  Maybe I'll call tomorrow just to see what they have to say.  JImChuk

If you look at their store, they have a car sales business, selling Expensive (used?) cars.   I almost think I saw their place when I was there - that is not a large town,  My family ancestors came from there - they didn't sell cars or 912 engines tho - maybe whiskey or mules!   ;<)   Ashby's Gap near there was named in the 1700's for one who had a load of logs on his wagon, and the brake broke at the top of the ridge and the wagon ran over the horses and wrecked, but he made it out alive.   His brother owned a tavern there.  Their Father was a surveyor and he taught young George Washington how to survey.   The sons were his chain-bearers while he surveyed Lord Fairfax's lands.

"Bored"?  Too cold for shark fishing there Jim?  It was -1F here last night.  Lots warmer than MN.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Hi Ed, Actually it was cold here today.  Yesterday morning at 7:30 it was 70.  (back home was -28)   by about 10 AM it started dropping like a rock.  In the after noon it was about 50.  44 for a high today, but it's supposed to be back in the 60s and sunny tomorrow.  Warming more later in the week.  Really don't know if $4000 is to much for a long block 912 or not, but we will see. If you had a prop striked 912 with a bent crank, you might be happy to buy it at that price.  Then you would have all the other goodies you need already.  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

I have no clue about Rotax prices - there was a used 582 for $1500 with gearbox, exhausts, rad?  Thought all 912's and parts were "gold plated"!   I just post stuff on here in case someone else wants it.   I can take the cold better than the heat and humidity down there in the summer.   Like my Louisiana Army buddy said when we were camping in the snowy mountains in Germany, "You can always put on more clothes in the winter, but in the summer you can only take off so many clothes and you are still hot"!    This was the same guy who was trading off driving with me for a long time at night and I told him to get some sleep and that when I got to where I couldn't shake off the two roads in my vision that I would let him drive - finally I started to pull over to let him drive - he heard the gravel crunch, looked down the side of the mountain and grabbed me saying, "Ed, Ed, You're taking the WRONG ROAD!"   Ha!   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I didn't call this guy, but if you click on the 'see other items'  he has lots of other 912/914 parts.  Looks like smaller sized drone engines and parts + lots of other stuff.  3 pages worth of listings.  I think this stuff came from a government auction, and now he's selling it off.  Even has a big semi trailer sized "atmospheric testing chamber"  maybe that's where the 912 engine was run.  If I was driving by, I would like to stop and take a look at the stuff.  Not saying the engine is perfect or anything, I have no way of knowing that by reading stuff on ebay,  but I think it is a real motor and is really for sale.   JImChuk

Posted (edited)

I didn't call this guy, but if you click on the 'see other items'  he has lots of other 912/914 parts.  Looks like smaller sized drone engines and parts + lots of other stuff.  3 pages worth of listings.  I think this stuff came from a government auction, and now he's selling it off.  Even has a big semi trailer sized "atmospheric testing chamber"  maybe that's where the 912 engine was run.  If I was driving by, I would like to stop and take a look at the stuff.  Not saying the engine is perfect or anything, I have no way of knowing that by reading stuff on ebay,  but I think it is a real motor and is really for sale.   JImChuk

I have to agree with you Jim - Dang, that is getting to be a habit!  Probably bought from government, and the government may have been the one who tested the 912 - not these guys.  I would be talking to them about what exactly is included if I was interested in one of the engines.   Maybe make them a lower offer if it don't sell at auction.  EDMO

BTW:  Someone must have bought the 912 Kitfox mount (different seller) as it is no longer available.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I have to agree with you Jim - Dang, that is getting to be a habit!     EDMO

Music to my ears!  ;-)  JImChuk

Posted

I may be wrong but this motor may be a real early one,the same as mine,originally a 600hr engine that can be upgraded to 1200?the crankcase appears to be the magnesium alloy(a lot darker than the later,and arguably the better casing?)also the gearbox may need a mod to a bushing?

if it was local I would be grabbing it

1 person likes this