Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, 

Newby here. I live in North Pole, Ak. Recently purchased a KF I project and am hoping to put a Yamaha engine on it and do a complete rebuild.( looking for a set of wings, hint, hint...)

latest toys and projects...

Challenger II complete rebuild, overhaul of engine , 582 and new covering. Painting it now. 

Toucan Trike converted to an Alaska Bush Trike, 503, 21" tires, Wizard II wing, single seat with storage. Lifts off 75ft.

Hytek Hurricane, 503, the closest thing to an X wing fighter you can fly...an absolute Blast to be in, and will soar all day long with the engine off, or do 100, 10ft off the deck winding through the sloughs and rivers. If u ever get a chance to fly a hurricane or phantom, don't pass it up.

kitfox I project, still outside in the snow...Yamaha Rx-1 engine conversion, planning on building a Super STOL bush plane, needs complete refurbish and build new wings. ( looking for wings).

Toucan Trike complete rebuild and overhaul for my neighbor, just  finished the 503 yesterday.

paragliders, R/C planes, Peonies, ( I'm a Peony farmer )

just wanted to say hi, meet the neighbors and say that we have several small fields just south of Eileson if anybody ever wants to fly by and say howdy.

Posted

Hello Jssflyer in North Pole - I was thinking about my years in Alaska while reading your post, and the TV was showing pictures of New York City - and that made me so thankful that I didn't have to live in that city!   For the wings, IMO unless you can find a deal in Alaska, or just buy the bare parts for Kitfox or Avid wings and get them shipped, then your best option may only be to buy new parts from Kitfox somewhere near the last price I saw of $5500, and I don't know if that includes shipping.  Some of the Alaska members might be able to help you on this.  I have a completed set of Kitfox 3 wings, but the cost to ship them to Alaska and the damage that might be done in shipping makes it too risky and expensive I think.  Good luck on building - Welcome to the group.   EDMO 

Posted

Welcome Jss.

Lots to read here on the Yamaha conversion. Good luck with it. 

Posted

Welcome to the forum. There is certainly a lot of information for a newbie like yourself to sift through. It sounds like you might have the time to do it though. Don't be afraid to ask questions here. Good group and always willing to give you their opinion, even if you didn't ask for it! 

Posted

Sounds like you have a good spread of toys! Welcome to the forum! Next time I have an overnight at Eielson I will look you up. I'm also a PPC flyer. I bet a trike in AK would be awesome!

Posted

Welcome aboard!  Did anyone say "we like pictures"  ??  :-)  JImChuk

Posted

Well guess I'm a little late on sayin hello, welcome. As u can c I'm pretty new here also, and I've got more help and info from the people here than I've been able to find here in town.   Don't seem to b very may avid/kitfox owners/flyers in Fairbanks that I've meet yet.  Well I'm in Ester which is 6 miles other side of Fbks from u. mayb can BS sometime, I have my Kitfox #0021 parked at Metro Airfeild getting use to taxin and keeping her straight.  Lol