Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

avid project cheap no affiliation

4 posts in this topic

Posted

AVID FLYER PROJECT • $2,000 • PRICED FOR FAST SALE • Airframe, Speed Wings, 2 Engine Mounts, No Motor. FOR MORE INFO Contact STANLEY at 405-620-0660 • Contact Bill Pickle, Friend of Owner - located Guthrie, OK USA • Telephone: 405-513-0143 • Posted December 28, 2016 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

One of my pet peeves right there. Don't people understand that a motor is something that is electrical and an engine runs on fuel?? 

That being said, it might be a good deal for someone that could grab that one up. I just went back and looked in my emails. I emailed with Stanley on this in January this year. He doesn't have a clue what he has. He said the engine mount is factory welded to the fuselage but he has a 582 mount that could go with the plane. He sent a couple of poor pictures but it appears he has several sets of tail feathers for it plus the seat pan and cowling, possibly some instruments. 

Edited by lostman

Posted

One of my pet peeves right there. Don't people understand that a motor is something that is electrical and an engine runs on fuel?? 

That being said, it might be a good deal for someone that could grab that one up. I just went back and looked in my emails. I emailed with Stanley on this in January this year. He doesn't have a clue what he has. He said the engine mount is factory welded to the fuselage but he has a 582 mount that could go with the plane. He sent a couple of poor pictures but it appears he has several sets of tail feathers for it plus the seat pan and cowling, possibly some instruments. 

If I understand what I have read correctly, the first Avids (A Model?) were the only ones with engine mount welded to the fuselage.   EDMO

Posted

You are right Ed.   A model had welded in motor mount.  Also has a different shape door than later models.  (Just like a Kitfox 1 door is different from later ones)  JImChuk