Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kitfox projects on craigslist

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Top two sound like good kit bargains, the completed bottom two are absolute high $$$.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

That NSI engine is sure a clean install! Not sure the airplane is quite worth what he's asking for it, but the whole thing looks quite well cared for. 

How did you manage to find so many of them all around the country?

Posted

I would also be interested in any craigslist search tips. I hardly ever have anything pop up when using 'craigslist and ???' on google.

Posted

Searchtempest.com

and 

zoomthelist.com

are two good ones

Posted (edited)

There is a light aircraft group on Yahoo where a guy posts these adds.  He has figured out how to search craigslist nation wide and reposts the adds.  You can join that group.  Light_Aircraft_Sale   adhuntr.com will also connect you to craigslist search.   (I didn't miss spell it)  JImChuk

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

I think I was a member of that years ago. Better check it out again, Kitfox is bout finished here.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think I was a member of that years ago. Better check it out again, Kitfox is bout finished here.

I've got 3 fuselages and a truck-load of airplane parts in my shop - wife wants it gone before I go - bring cash and help to clean it out!  :BC:  EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

To search all of Craigslist, or specific regions, use http://www.adhuntr.com

Haven't checked but you may be able to set key word alerts there too.

Edited by dholly
fix link

Posted

Thanks, guys, for the search tips. When it comes to computers, I can use all the help I can get... :blink:

Posted

I went and looked at the Reno kit last October. Looked like a good deal. Pieces parts distributed between 2 garages. No engine or prop that I remember. The rest appeared to all be there. Decided to buy a flyer from Washington state instead. Will post a picture and profile soon.

1 person likes this

Posted

I went and looked at the Reno kit last October. Looked like a good deal. Pieces parts distributed between 2 garages. No engine or prop that I remember. The rest appeared to all be there. Decided to buy a flyer from Washington state instead. Will post a picture and profile soon.

Ha!  Im not the only one that passed on the Reno fox , y'all thought I was crazy!

Posted

Craigslist is either a good deal or totally silly. Not much else in between. Not sure I'd ever buy a plane from a craigslist ad. 

Posted

Ed you have any more wheel skis in that truck load of parts?

Posted (edited)

Ed you have any more wheel skis in that truck load of parts?

No skis, wheel or otherwise - I left all that cold stuff in Alaska - Never flew skis or floats - Never will.  :lol: 

Someone should make them?

Re. Craigslist:  There was a guy in St.Louis who took cash to buy a car - The "seller" killed him for the money!  Buyer Beware!   Fortunately, the Airplane guys are better than that.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

... and carry heat.  At least I do.

Posted

I thought everyone did !  EDMO

Posted

thats the problem, they don't. 

Posted (edited)

The new Missouri law goes into effect tomorrow - Everyone can carry concealed, without a permit - Of course the gang-bangers have been doing that for a long time.   Only fault with the law, is that it means everyone - even teenagers or the ones with a bad record who cannot legally buy or own a pistol here.  I expect our lawmakers to correct that problem with it soon.  I have been thru 2 concealed carry courses, and about 1980 I attended Chapman Academy and had a week of carry and shoot training, in addition to the Police Academy, so I hope I am ready.  My 45 is starting to get a little heavy for my bum arm and shoulder - maybe need something lighter?    EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

The new Missouri law goes into effect tomorrow - Everyone can carry concealed, without a permit - Of course the gang-bangers have been doing that for a long time.   Only fault with the law, is that it means everyone - even teenagers or the ones with a bad record who cannot legally buy or own a pistol here.  I expect our lawmakers to correct that problem with it soon.  I have been thru 2 concealed carry courses, and about 1980 I attended Chapman Academy and had a week of carry and shoot training, in addition to the Police Academy, so I hope I am ready.  My 45 is starting to get a little heavy for my bum arm and shoulder - maybe need something lighter?    EDMO

NV is going the other way, freakin California overflow and Bloomberg backed agenda.  Legally I have to get a background check to borrow a gun from a family member or friend. I carry a TCP 738 .380 auto.  Small, but it makes a reallg loud noise when you pull the trigger.

Posted

I'm pretty sure you can't shoot someone and get away with it till they shoot you first,

Posted (edited)

Old Quote to live by:  "I would rather have 12 men judging me, than 6 men carrying me"!  

Another:  "There are no second-place winners in a gunfight"!   EDMO 

Edited by EDMO
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Clearly, you gotta keep expectations low when using any free classifieds. No shortage of nut jobs for sure, but almost all of my Avid and KF sales have been via CL vs. BS or eBay. I've sold $45k used luxe cars and big diesel pickups on CL too. Sure you can expect a few 'lookie loos', but I put so much info in the ads and pre-qualify hard before agreeing to meet that I don't waste too much of my time or excess over safety. I am usually carrying when on the CL sell side too, and first thing I do is snap a pic of the person, vehicle and plate # when they arrive and text it to my wife. I make sure they notice and it has put some on edge but IDGAS... My life, my item, on my property, yada, yada. Also make certain they watch me disable the alarm systems, in the event they are casing the joint for a later late night visit.

And I gotta agree with nemesisnxt, my little Colt Gov .380 is definitely one of the loudest handguns I own. WOW! :o

Edited by dholly
Sp check

Posted

Catch you later - Going to VFW gun auction.  EDMO

Posted

Clearly, you gotta keep expectations low when using any free classifieds. No shortage of nut jobs for sure, but almost all of my Avid and KF sales have been via CL vs. BS or eBay. I've sold $45k used luxe cars and big diesel pickups on CL too. Sure you can expect a few 'lookie loos', but I put so much info in the ads and pre-qualify hard before agreeing to meet that I don't waste too much of my time or excess over safety. I am usually carrying when on the CL sell side too, and first thing I do is snap a pic of the person, vehicle and plate # when they arrive and text it to my wife. I make sure they notice and it has put some on edge but IDGAS... My life, my item, on my property, yada, yada. Also make certain they watch me disable the alarm systems, in the event they are casing the joint for a later late night visit.

And I gotta agree with nemesisnxt, my little Colt Gov .380 is definitely one of the loudest handguns I own. WOW! :o

I've sold plenty of stuff on CL myself but when it comes to airplanes it seems people are either totally unrealistic on their price or have no clue what it is they have because it came from an auction or estate sale. We used to have a thread on the remote control helicopter forum I surfed dedicated strictly to ridiculous CL ads.