Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kitfox 2,3,or 4 door frames wanted

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Looking for a set of KF 1,2 or 3 door frames. Give me a call at 508    496     5394

Mike

Posted

The Kitfoxes 1 doors are very different from the rest. 

What model plane do you have?

Posted

I have a model 3 I incorrectly wrote 1,2,or 3 but meant 2,3 or 4

Posted (edited)

I have a model 3 I incorrectly wrote 1,2,or 3 but meant 2,3 or 4

Lots cheaper to make some, even if you have to pay a welder, compared to what Kitfox wants for them.  I don't think I have any spares, but I might have a set of bare aluminum Kitfox 4 frames that you could rivet the hinges and latches to and make them work - no Lexan on them - never used, and no rivet or bolt holes for Lexan ever drilled.  They are powder-coated or painted yellow - got them new from Kitfox - I think I paid $100 each for them a long time ago. 

I can check on this, and to see if I have any bare steel frames, next week when the weather gets warmer - was down to 3 F here at night and only about 15 F now - had 2" snow, so we are hibernating!  Ha!  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Ed Bare aluminum frames will work for me I am trying to reduce weight! How much will it cost me to get them to zip code 02747?

Posted (edited)

Ed Bare aluminum frames will work for me I am trying to reduce weight! How much will it cost me to get them to zip code 02747?

I would have to put some cardboard or plywood around them and take to PO or UPS to get a quote - I could do that next week.   I will have to check these against my Kitfox to make sure they fit.  It has been so long that I don't remember if they were for a 4 or 5 - both were made when I bought them.   I have to ask - What happened to your doors?    EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

If still needed I have a set of Model III.  I have removed the skins, so they do have a set of drillings on them.