Fuselage Reinforcement

37 posts in this topic

Posted

I think it would be sweet if we could get patterns for kf and avid.  then pay Dave to blast out precut kits for those who want to do the reinforcement.   having cnc cut parts, even if a little tweaking or grinding needed to be done here and there to fit them to an individual fuse that may have been bent and sort of straightened  would still be a big time saver! 

:BC: 

Posted

Agree. I may have a straight KF3 bungee truss that I could donate or trace. Will have to double check the pile.

1 person likes this

Posted

I know Randy Tyler has a straight brand new MK IV avid fuse we could get some templates made from.  Will work on it when I get home and see if I can get up there and do a lil template making.. Or maybe we could sweet talk randy into doing it if he has time.

Posted

I also have access to a cnc . My hanger neighbor has one in his garage .

1 person likes this

Posted

nice!  I was just looking at DIY CNC unit for woodworking.. thinking about building one for making new wing ribs etc.  Will save a lot of time standing in front of the band saw and drum sander. Not to mention making templates and jigs.

Posted

Doug And Leni,

Thanks in advance for the help getting the templates.  I am looking forward to being able to contribute to our community.

I also have a router attachment for my CNC table that I have not played with yet. (looking forward to messing with it just have to figure out how I want to do my vacuum base)

Dave

Posted

I am still waiting after about 3 weeks to get a quote on water-jet cutting of my 40 plywood flap and aileron ribs - guess being on a waiting list behind big dollar jobs that I am not a priority.   EDMO

Posted

Ed,  If you have a router it would be easy to make a jig and cut out the ribs yourself.  JImChuk

Posted

Did Avid incorporate the European fuselage reinforcement at some point during production, or did they just add the pieces to the kits that were shipped to Europe?  (that "A" model of mine does not have those additional braces.)

Posted

That smart saw could be a money making toy. Wonder what the build cost is for it amd how computer friendly you have to be? 

Posted

Did Avid incorporate the European fuselage reinforcement at some point during production, or did they just add the pieces to the kits that were shipped to Europe?  (that "A" model of mine does not have those additional braces.)

I do not believe the EU required reinforcement was ever added to fuselages produced and sold in the US.