Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

F/S: AviaSport Electronic Tach (Model #T8K12E)

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

New in box electronic tach for Rotax Ducati CDI ignition. Make an offer.

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

Edited by dholly

Posted

I'm interested but at the same time not really wanting to do the tach dance again . Tried a tiny tach and can't get it reading right . 

Posted

I'm interested but at the same time not really wanting to do the tach dance again . Tried a tiny tach and can't get it reading right . 

I have never heard of issues with a tiny tach.  What seems to be the problem with it?

Posted

I can't for the life of me get it to read right . Either that or my regular tach is way off on every spectrum . 

Posted

It makes a difference on how many wraps you put around the plug wire.  I think they say 3 or 4 if memory is correct.  If it's to close to another plug wire, you could get interference.  Also of course it has to be set correctly for your engine.  For instance.... once per revolution,  (rotax with points)   twice per rev. (rotax with CDI) JImChuk

Posted

I can't for the life of me get it to read right . Either that or my regular tach is way off on every spectrum . 

the regular tachs are well known to be way off.  from a couple hundred RPM to over a 1000 RPM off on the analog tachs. 

Yes, you have to make sure you have the 2 stroke tach not the 4 stroke tach as well. 

:BC:

Posted

It's a 2 stroke tach and set right . Idle it reads 1400 and the dash tach reads 2000 . It is like that all the way to full power. Thing is it's not sputtering like it should at 1400 rpm if it was that low.

Posted

Maybe someone has one of those RC prop tacks you can borrow to check it against..  They are pretty accurate.  You do have to calculate using your reduction drive ratio to get engine RPM though.   JImChuk

Posted

Don't they have some kind of warranty on the Tiny Tach - Spruce?  EDMO

Posted

It's a 2 stroke tach and set right . Idle it reads 1400 and the dash tach reads 2000 . It is like that all the way to full power. Thing is it's not sputtering like it should at 1400 rpm if it was that

Do you have a clutch?  If so, 1400 is an easily obtainable idle RPM. 

Posted

No clutch just a regular 3:1 

1 person likes this

Posted

the regular tachs are well known to be way off.  from a couple hundred RPM to over a 1000 RPM off on the analog tachs. 

Yes, you have to make sure you have the 2 stroke tach not the 4 stroke tach as well. 

:BC:

I would note that this tach is the newer version. Model T8K12E p/n 966-072 with a RED dot on the back is the older style tach that required an externally added resistor.  Model T8K12E p/n 966-074 with a BLUE dot on the back is the newer style with integrated resistor. It is my understanding the new model tach eliminated most of the erratic reading reports, many of which were attributed to improper resistor selection and/or resistor location during installation of the older model.

Posted

It would be interesting to see what I'm actually running at . What's your price on the tach ?

Posted

Well I was just looking for offers but now you've lost the opportunity to really lowball me lol. How about $40? That's 1/3 cost and should keep it under $50 shipped for you.

1 person likes this

Posted

That's good for me . It's cheaper then the tiny tach . Do you have PayPal ?

Posted (edited)

PM sent. Thanks.

****SOLD****

Edited by dholly

Posted

Don't they have some kind of warranty on the Tiny Tach - Spruce?  EDMO

It's a limited warranty. I think a year. Mine went out in 2 yrs.  They're cheap enough, I ordered another knock off for less than $25 shipped.