912 ULS Mounted on AVID C

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Finally got the 912 ULS mounted on AVID C.  Got several details to work through but getting there. Replaced the firewall with stainless steel.

IMG_2361.JPG

5 people like this

Posted

Nice work that should make a fine Airplane

Posted

Gonna be a rocket ship!

Posted

This is with the engine mount that Leni built?  100 HP should make it really move!  JImChuk

Posted

This is with the engine mount that Leni built?  100 HP should make it really move!  JImChuk

yes that is the mount I made.  Ended up being a lil issue with the jig and his firewall so some tweaking has to be done before the next one goes out the door.  I also made jigs to make the mount from to back so hopefully once the tubing bender gets here I can make the rotax horse collar mount and all parts in-house for a much lower price than sourcing the mount from rotax etc.

:BC:

Posted

Leni,

Is anyone up there looking at Yamaha power?  If so are you going to be making those mounts?

Dave in Western IL

Posted

Leni,

Is anyone up there looking at Yamaha power?  If so are you going to be making those mounts?

Dave in Western IL

I don't know of anyone yet looking at the yamahahahahaha conversion (sorry old sledders joke) up here.  I had not planned on making a mount for them as others are already doing so and have the jigs set up.  I guess if there becomes a need for it I can look into it. 

:BC:

Posted

The Yamaha joke in Alaska is "seize and freeze". 

1 person likes this

Posted

Their new joint venture between them and arctic cat is a 3 cylinder four stroke that makes 200 horsepower would be awesome if there was an affordable quality redrive that could tolerate that power 

1 person likes this

Posted

Everything installed but oil pressure gauge. 

IMG_2434.JPG

Posted

Looking good Jeff. Pictures on the first run soon?  Did you need to fabricate a scoop for the radiator in the lower cowl.

Jackak

Posted

Should be flying by Sunday assuming ground test goes okay.  I am skipping a scoop for now because the radiator sticks a little below cowling.  Ill see how it goes. 

Posted

Good luck. Hope all goes well.

Jackak

Posted

Way to go Jeff and Leni. Looking forward to seeing it back in the air!