Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

150 HP Avid Magnum on barnstormers

3 posts in this topic

Posted

1995AVID MAGNUM • $28,300 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE 1995 Avid Magnum 150 hsp lyc with less than 100 hrs on airframe &eng has n# and in great shape scott tailwheel 850 tires new prop etc.Have been updating this plane and ran out of time and money. 78yrs old and must sell. I will sell this plane with a set of 1900 Aqua floats in great shape for $28300 or best offer call 1 715 582 3478 Thanks • Contact Duane F. Meetz - DNA, Owner - located Peshtigo, WI USA • Telephone: 17155823478 . • Posted January 7, 2017

Posted (edited)

A buddy of mine called about this plane and there were enough alarm bells that I told him to just walk away.

The price is great especially for the included floats.  However, here are a couple of the things he told me...

It had been ground looped early in its life and repaired at the AVID Inc when it was still alive.

The panel has issues and was "crap" according to the owner.  Things didn't turn off when the master switch was off.

Something is up with the air worthiness...It doesn't have tail numbers on it and the guy selling it went on about not having a complete chain of bill of sales.  So it was unclear as to what the airworthiness status was.

I am giving this info to you guys second hand and incomplete so call the owner to find out more.  Again, the price is good...it would cost $30-$40K minimum to build this.

Ron

Edited by RDavidson
1 person likes this

Posted

I wondered why it was priced so cheaply. I agree that there must be something wrong with it in the end for it to have that price tag on it. 

If I had that kind of money I would certainly think about looking at it. Maybe "build" it from parts and be the builder?!

1 person likes this