Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

lots of really good info here,

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Ton of info, all in one place. I printed it and put it into a three ring binder for reference in the shop. Thank you for the link! :)

Posted (edited)

http://www.raptorairworks.com/documents/134-construction-of-tubular-steel-fuselages-v2.pdf 

If you got the time take a few days and read this I actually feel that I learned a few things,

I have gone to sites and looked for the Volume 2 they said would include covering with fiberglass or carbon fiber and have not found it.   But, is what that is posted really Vol. 1 or 2?  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

That's awesome I just got back from staples, Bought a 3 ring binder, ink, and printer paper that has the 3 holes pre punched, cause Im lazy like that, gotta do this one and the big over haul manual for the jabiru engine, Might need that some day,

1 person likes this

Posted

Kitplanes site sells the book, along with lots of others.

http://www.raptorairworks.com/documents/134-construction-of-tubular-steel-fuselages-v2.pdf 

If you got the time take a few days and read this I actually feel that I learned a few things,

I have gone to sites and looked for the Volume 2 they said would include covering with fiberglass or carbon fiber and have not found it.   But, is what that is posted really Vol. 1 or 2?  EDMO

Posted

That's awesome I just got back from staples, Bought a 3 ring binder, ink, and printer paper that has the 3 holes pre punched, cause Im lazy like that, gotta do this one and the big over haul manual for the jabiru engine, Might need that some day,

I just hit print then brought a stack of papers to my document control clerk and told him to put it in the binder.. with tabs and labels.. :lmao:

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Kitplanes site sells the book, along with lots of others.

If you read the last paragraph of the Introduction, and even on page 125, you will see that they refer to a Volume 2 for FG & CF coverings, but do not explain any of that in this Volume.  I cant find where a Vol. 2 has been printed or is for sale.  Maybe I am missing something here?  If someone can find a Volume 2, I would print it or buy it.  

Yes, Lots of Good Info in this one posted, but still looking for the rest of the story.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Awesome read. I went through the majority of it last night and then bookmarked it. Hopefully I can remember I have it when needing any of that information. It just might help me redesign the Pursang a little too. Especially since I actually have all the engineering paperwork on it when the stress analysis was completed. 

Thanks for posting that up. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I've put it in my library of things to read.  I'm busy right now working through the plans for my new hangar.  Lots of new words to learn.  I think I have all the 4 letter ones I need once I actually start in my vocabulary already though.

Mark

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I've put it in my library of things to read.  I'm busy right now working through the plans for my new hangar.  Lots of new words to learn.  I think I have all the 4 letter ones I need once I actually start in my vocabulary already though.

Mark

Welcome to the hanger builder's world - I will bet that the first of the 4-letter words starts with $$$$ - Oh, Sorry - That word usually has more than 4 letters!  Just try to make it mouse and snake proof.  :BC:  EDMO

Edited by EDMO