The start that never happened

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, I filled her with fuel today and she immediately leaked out the fuel control all over the ground!

The one part I rolled the dice on has bad o-rings and probably diaphragms.  That is what I get for being cheap! So I have another couple of weeks before I can call the DAR.

I did get some Vitamin D on the wings though and sat in the cockpit figuring everything out.

one note of warning...I used the original fuel master valve and that damn thing lets gas flow by when it is closed!  I ordered a new one, but that is a pretty big safety issue.  That being said, the part has been sitting out for 20 years and I bet the plastic has hardened or it shrank a bit.

See ya,

Ronimage.thumb.jpeg.0ccf603c1e1a2e4baad3fe4image.thumb.jpeg.58fc2561f6203a292fbad70

image.jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted

Great Looking bird Ron - Cant wait until we get some inspection & flight reports.   EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

You did a really nice job there, And as always there is a few bugs to work out,

1 person likes this

Posted

Just an awesome looking aircraft! I bet you will have it running as good as it looks in short order.

1 person likes this

Posted

Who is that hard working woman on the other end of the broom!!!!  Looks great Ron, it will be air born in no time.

1 person likes this

Posted

Barry,

The Airport sweeper dipped into the nice landscaping pea gravel in between our hangars and launched it everywhere!  Luckily Tammy volunteered to sweep it up...

It will be about 2 weeks to get the fuel servo back.  I just had my first day of having no airplane project to worry about...it kind of sucked!

Ron

Posted

You better rest up for all that stick and rudder time coming up anyway!!  At least the sweeper didnt launch stones through your plane!!