Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

AEROCARB ON EBAY

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Nice find that is the old style where you don't need a reversing bell-crank in your throttle to make it work, the down fall with it is the throttle linkage on them tents to bind when pushing the throttle forward, that was the reason they redesigned  it and called it an aero injector,

1 person likes this

Posted

I have one of those on one of my three Subaru engines. It seems to run pretty smooth. It is set up on top of the engine instead of below. The intake is terrible on that particular engine since it looks like it was put together with bubble gum and HVAC steel sheet. Either way, it seemed to run pretty well the one time I ran it before pulling the engine off the KR to make the plane into a giant wind sock. 

Great find for someone that needs it though. 

Posted (edited)

I have one of those on one of my three Subaru engines. It seems to run pretty smooth. It is set up on top of the engine instead of below. The intake is terrible on that particular engine since it looks like it was put together with bubble gum and HVAC steel sheet. Either way, it seemed to run pretty well the one time I ran it before pulling the engine off the KR to make the plane into a giant wind sock. 

Great find for someone that needs it though. 

I guess they were originally for the VW engine, but I read that the Jab performs better with them than the Bing - Maybe a Rotax would too?   I know they are made in several larger sizes.   I don't think the 29mm is made now.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

SOMEBODY BOUGHT IT.    EDMO