Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Insurance

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Post up your insurance carrier, your coverage and rates here. I'm in the market for liability only when I get out of Phase I.

Posted

Post up your insurance carrier, your coverage and rates here. I'm in the market for liability only when I get out of Phase I.

I got my insurance through EAA. I forget the actual carrier at the moment, but it was $700 for the year on my Kitfox as a low time tail wheel pilot for liability only. They required 5 hours of dual in type to carry me, but did insure those 5 hours when I listed my instructor as a 2nd pilot. (He has 1600+ hours in type.)

Come renewal time next August, I am going to investigate putting on some hull insurance. I should have plenty of PIC time to make this more reasonable. They wanted over $1200 for the hull insurance with 10 hours of PIC time.

Posted

I got my insurance through EAA. I forget the actual carrier at the moment, but it was $700 for the year on my Kitfox as a low time tail wheel pilot for liability only. They required 5 hours of dual in type to carry me, but did insure those 5 hours when I listed my instructor as a 2nd pilot. (He has 1600+ hours in type.)

Come renewal time next August, I am going to investigate putting on some hull insurance. I should have plenty of PIC time to make this more reasonable. They wanted over $1200 for the hull insurance with 10 hours of PIC time.

I got a quote from avemco. They wanted 1600 on wheels or skis, 5200 on floats.. for liability only. This was with 1600 hrs tail wheel and 400 hrs in type.

:BC: