Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Leni here's an engine for you!

7 posts in this topic

Posted

670 with dual ignition zero time. This is the guy I just bought my blue head from...great to work with.

KING KONG 670 ROTAX DUAL IGN. • WOW! • KING KONG OF THE ROTAX ENGINES DONE RIGHT , 670 DUAL IGNITION NEW DUAL CARBURETORS Detuned 85 HP with ease. Running a big engine easy is the best way to reliability. Turns a 3 blade 67 Dia.WARP DRIVE prop with 13 degs to 7,000 rpm. All new stuff. Dual plug head, Bing carbs, GPL starter, Ducati ignition system, Seals & gaskets. 40 hour since new C box with a 3 to 1 ratio. Side or rear mount exhaust. 0 time since completey inspected by A&P mechanic.Test run & jetted The 670 is the most rugged 2 stroke Rotax ever made.With dual ign you now have everything. $5,650 for everything.ROTAX RICK • Contact Rotax Rick - RED GOLD ROTAX ENGINES & OVERHAULS, End User - located Naples, FL USA • Telephone: 239572-0021

670.jpg

I have pics of a 583 with an expansion chamber pipe like a sled under the cowl of a MKIV. With that set up and properly jetted holy crap it would be a screamer.

1 person likes this

Posted

I had a 670 in my Avid when I first bought it. It also came with a 582 that the biulder had originally installed and then changed to the 670. I flew it with the 670 for about 250 hours until it had a rod bearing let go and nuked the engine. God was taking care of me because when it "popped" the first time I was about 15 miles east of the haul road up the Ivashak River and had just dropped a load of hunting gear. I had just taken off for load two when it "popped". It kept running normally for another couple of minutes and then started missing occasionally. I turned for the haul road and started praying; I was able to hold altitude and when I made it over the Sag River and to the haul road I breathed a sigh of relief; I was about 500' and it was missing almost constantly. I started loosing about 100 fpm and since I only had single ignition on my 670 I thought if I had dropped a plug wire or something I could probably just add power and maybe hold altitude. As soon as I added power it gave a bang and the fan in front became a single blade in front of the nose. I didn't do my best landing but at least I made it down and stopped with the plane and I in one piece.

That said, when I got the plane back home I switched it for the 582 and thought I would see a huge decrease in performance. There was some but not nearly as much as I thought. I can't say my plane is a stellar performer, probably becuase is is not the lightest MK IV and I set the prop so I cruise about 82 - 84 mph at 5700 - 5800 rpm. This puts my static rpm at only around 5800 - 5900 rather than 6200 rpm. At any rate, with the 670 I was only able to get off at around 300' with no wind and climb was around 900 fpm. The 582 gets off at 350' and climbs at around 700 fpm. This is at medium weight with baggage full of gear and 20 gal but solo. I was expecting a lot of difference between the 670 and the 582 but it wasn't as big as I thought it would be.

OK. go ahead and tell me what a poor performing plane mine is.hammerhead.gif

Randy

Posted

heard way too many horror stories on 670s.. Gonna stick with my Arctic 800 plans as soon as the court shit is over and I know what I will have to deal with... oh that and as soon as the ankle heals from a high speed drunken snowmachine uhoh... good thing was I got it on video :lol:

:BC:

Posted

Where is this video??? That's the kind of stuff you share with friends!

Posted

Video as requested.. Fuel provided by Captain Morgans, Crown Royal and some kinda Czech paint thinner crap they drink for newyears :BC:

if you search for akavidflyer on youtube you may find other stupid pet tricks on there :lmao:

Posted

Love the last line in the video.

Posted

It was a classic... his response to the question was.... uhhh we had an intersecting course... The fun part was the 20 mile ride back to the cabin with a departed tendon and torn ligaments.. over a few technical sections side hilling mountains.  Took me 18 months before I would play racquet ball again.  Sumbitch still gives me fits on long hikes.