Step 1, build hanger to work on Magnum

16 posts in this topic

Posted

The adventure begins, step 1 build hanger, step 2 build Magnum!

2017-01-13 13.06.23.jpg

2017-01-13 13.06.43.jpg

2017-01-13 13.06.47.jpg

2017-01-26 15.29.02.jpg

2017-01-26 15.29.21.jpg

2017-01-26 15.29.26.jpg

2017-01-26 15.29.27.jpg

2017-01-26 15.29.30.jpg

2017-01-26 15.29.32.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Barry,

Congrats!  You turned some dirt over!

Are you going to be at the site this Saturday?  Tam and I were going to come check it out...

Lookin' Good!

Ron

Posted

Ron,

No, I wish I was going to be there, but I other commitments Saturday.  Stop by and check it out and enjoy Salida!

Barry

Posted

Beautiful area of the country!

Posted

Well, it has been a long process getting the hanger built and all my tools and shop organized.  Now I can finally begin building the Magnum!  I love the Salida Airport and all the great guys and gals around here! I will begin working on a cabane landing gear to replace the stock set up.  Thanks for all the advise Ron Davidson! I will get all the welding done before painting the fuselage.

Photo Jun 19, 20 09 04.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Many Congrats on getting the bird in a hanger and out of the snow so you can enjoy building it.  Keep posting progress.  We Love Photos!  :BC: EDMO

Posted

Will do, thanks!

Posted

Congrats!  Looks great, and I wish my hangar project was done as well!

Mark

Posted

Looks great! Are you able to sit in the upper level rocking chair and direct the minions while they work?

What type of door did you go with? I have been frustrated trying to research doors on the interweb. No one seems to post prices, they all want to submit a quote via email.

Posted

Sorry, haven't hired any minions yet, they have a tough union! I went with a Scweiss Door, and it was worth every penny.  Great customer service and will get you a quote right away.  Give them a call and they will get you a quote.     https://www.bifold.com/

Posted

Man you can actually see the floor!  Looks great!

Ron

Posted

Gotta keep room for transient (yellow)  Magnums! 

Posted

It sure was comfy in there, even when it was messy!

IMG_2231.thumb.JPG.91552bd990092d8ef9329IMG_2234.thumb.JPG.efadfaab76665ea6e256b

Posted (edited)

You don't know what "messy" is - Try putting 3 fuselages, 2 sets of wings, an engine on a lift, workbench, tools, lathe and milling machine, welder, and about 100 boxes of plane parts in a 16 x 32 garage and building your plane in there!  I probably left out some other things in there too.  Believe me, there is barely enough room to breath, and I couldn't have done it without building the garage with a 13 foot ceiling and a half-balcony.  EDMO 

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Ed,

I wondered why every time you sold me something you gave me a "it will take me a month or two to get to it" disclaimer!  :lmao:

Ron

1 person likes this

Posted

Ed,

I wondered why every time you sold me something you gave me a "it will take me a month or two to get to it" disclaimer!  :lmao:

Ron

Sure Ron,  I had to move a mountain of stuff just to look for it.....Found it for you anyway!  :lol:  EDMO

1 person likes this