Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Heater help

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm trying to install a heater in the Avid. The question is can I use the 1/8 inch port on the Rotax water pump housing and then connect it to the elbow on the other side? I think the water pump side is the pressure side and the return elbow on the other side is low pressure. I'm sure someone has done this, just so I get it right. Sure appreciate the help, again.

Posted

I'm trying to install a heater in the Avid. The question is can I use the 1/8 inch port on the Rotax water pump housing and then connect it to the elbow on the other side? I think the water pump side is the pressure side and the return elbow on the other side is low pressure. I'm sure someone has done this, just so I get it right. Sure appreciate the help, again.

Personally if I was to add a water type heater core I would connect it in line with the radiator, an1/8 inch supply would not give much flow.

Posted

Bill I've found that I get decent heat up through the holes where my bungees are off the belly radiator. It was so bad this summer I filled them foam. I've also got a little door on the right side to deflect the air from my side radiator into the cabin. It's not much but keeps the edge off.

Posted

It's not much but keeps the edge off.

Now, c'mon Joey. The edge? What do you guys get: A couple of winter days of bone chilling 50's there in central CA?

:tumbleweed::flame::tumbleweed:

(I'll be out there in your neighborhood [Danville and Reno] for the week of January 16th. To warm up...)

Posted

if you are going to use a water heater, you wont get enough flow out of the 1/8" line to do anything. The 2 I have flown with water heaters were plumbed inline on the main water lines. you can get the old heater valves out of a dodge van that will allow you to pull the heater knob and bypass the system so you can shut it off on the winter.

I am using a muffler heater we made, and it will keep the chill off at about-10. at 10 or 15 degrees, I am flying in blue jeans and a light jacket with no gloves. I can try and get some pics tomorrow of the set up on mine, and the one I put on wagonmasters MK IV. they both work great!

:BC: