Quite site

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Guess we will have to get into a discussion about MMO or something to get a little fire going here. 

Landed at the cabin for the first time this year, the road is still drifted in but the runway is clear. This was last years foto but this years looks about the same. 

The second one is Monday's take.IMG_0116.PNG

IMG_0823.JPG

Edited by wypaul
3 people like this

Posted

Maybe if I keep my mouth shut and don't chime in too much the activity will pick up :lmao:  Love the view and the strip you have there mr! 

I am guessing a lot of people are hunkered down or too busy shoveling snow to spend much time on the computer.  North east looks like it has been getting hit pretty hard!  I am excited to go home and play with toys because we finally have snow around our place and I can ride right from my house to some good trails.  Its been 3 or 4 yrs since I have been able to ride from the house.

Hope to get energetic on the new bird as well, but I only have two more hitches at home to ride this year before things start thawing out on me again.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

50º here this weekend, and 40s with rain next week.  Saturday was supposed to be the EAA ski-plane fly in at Pioneer airport; Cancelled due to no snow.  I got 110 miles on the sled this year...

Posted

Looks like the antelope is gone in the second picture.  Did you move him into your freezer?  JImChuk

Posted

Looks like the antelope is gone in the second picture.  Did you move him into your freezer?  JImChuk

I think that was a Jackalope - maybe it just hopped away!  :lol:  EDMO

Posted (edited)

There are only a couple of goats and a couple of deer in the area so I don't hunt them.  My buddy has a hay farm with some barley also so there is much better hunting on his place.

The Jackalope was first put together by a taxidermist in Douglas, just fifty miles from here.  They have ten foot tall statue in the town square of one.

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/wy-jackalope.html

Edited by wypaul
3 people like this

Posted

Now that is just nice!  What a beautiful place to have a cabin and a runway!

Posted

There are only a couple of goats and a couple of deer in the area so I don't hunt them.  My buddy has a hay farm with some barley also so there is much better hunting on his place.

The Jackalope was first put together by a taxidermist in Douglas, just fifty miles from here.  They have ten foot tall statue in the town square of one.

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/wy-jackalope.html

Fun reading the link you posted - My wife and I got our photo taken riding a bid statue of one in South Dakota near the badlands.   EDMO

Posted

I've got one of my guys shut down in Laramie due to your wonderful spring winds & icy roads today.  I heard that you were getting gusts that are faster than our little birds fly.

Dave

Posted (edited)

I've got one of my guys shut down in Laramie due to your wonderful spring winds & icy roads today.  I heard that you were getting gusts that are faster than our little birds fly.

Dave

Dave,  I guess you got some of our 60+ gusts last night - We had a twister headed for Arnold and the sirens went off, but it faded out before it got to my house.  Had 2 more down below me that did some destruction.  We missed the hail too.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Ed,

The wind got bad for about an hour here.  Late enough in the evening that I just stayed curled up with my dog and listened to it blow, until I went to sleep.

Dave

Posted

Yes we get some great winds here in the winter.  Semi blow overs are the norm.  Winds are forecast to be strong all week.  Any day I can fly in March is a bonus. 

Posted

We are getting Wyoming wind here this week!  

50 mph gusts are probably nothing for you, Paul, but around here it's off the charts!

Posted

I'm trying to become a college gradiate.... on top of flying around the world, building a plane, and raising a family.  2 more classes to go..

IMG_6953.JPG

2 people like this

Posted

Business Ethics, that one always makes me snicker...... :-)

Mark

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL @ business ethics, the #1 continuing education course requirement for every single professional license I have ever held. Some were online quickies every couple years, now full 8 hr day x 2 in-person drone-on-a-thon by some legal flunkie. Gawd awful use of your time.

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL @ business ethics, the #1 continuing education course requirement for every single professional license I have ever held. Some were online quickies every couple years, now full 8 hr day x 2 in-person drone-on-a-thon by some legal flunkie. Gawd awful use of your time.

I have to go through the training ever year as well.. it only looks good on paper.

Hope the weather cooperates soon, its been high winds almost every day that I have been home the last couple of months.  I have spent my time out riding the snogo with my daughter instead of flying.  I am hoping for flying in a couple weeks when I get back home!

:BC:

Posted

High winds advisory here until 10 pm est. SW 30-40mph, G70mph. It's getting kinda gnarly now, better go gas up the genny.

Posted

I'm trying to become a college gradiate.... on top of flying around the world, building a plane, and raising a family.  2 more classes to go..

IMG_6953.JPG

Any plans to cross over to the O side?

Posted

Possibly CWO?  EdMO

Posted

IMG_6953.JPG

Any plans to cross over to the O side?

Nope I am retirement eligible in 18 months. This is a square to check on a resume.