Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

BUYER BEWARE - RUSSIAN LIGHTS on ebay!

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

WARNING - You may be seeing ads for Russian "Flashing indicator Lights" on ebay at a very low price - I just got a set and they are nothing but a shell - no wires, no bulbs, no instructions, no light and no flash!  Photo is attached.

These are nothing like the good set of Russian LED position/strobe/tail lights that I sent to Leni - I hope we get a report from him soon about those lights.  I hope to get a couple more of those sets to sell soon.

Meanwhile, I still have a few sets of NEW Hella position lights for sale at members price of $95 including shipping, and I guarantee them to be good.

EDMO

IMG_1671.JPG

Edited by EDMO

Posted

The first red flag to know a ripoff was about to happen was the word eBay. 

Posted (edited)

I resemble that remark - my good Hella lights are also on ebay, but you pay more for them there.  I have bought good stuff on ebay, but have to admit I got ripped twice now.   I got my money back on the first one.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I buy a ton of shit from ebay and Amazon   have yet to get screwed on a deal 

4 people like this

Posted

What Leni said.  Me too.  JImChuk

Posted

If you paid with a credit card or pay pal it's time to get a refund. I buy a lot on Ebay as well. They have buyer protection for a reason. File a complaint and Ebay will almost always find it in your favor. It's the reason I don't pay for anything without Paypal or my credit card. Good back up protection that way as well. 

Posted (edited)

If you paid with a credit card or pay pal it's time to get a refund. I buy a lot on Ebay as well. They have buyer protection for a reason. File a complaint and Ebay will almost always find it in your favor. It's the reason I don't pay for anything without Paypal or my credit card. Good back up protection that way as well. 

I did use paypal - ebay got my money back once before.  That is a good buyer protection program.  Anyway, I wrote to the seller and he is sending me the bulbs and wires, although he says the bulbs are 27 volt.  If I can find some LED bulbs that fit them I will be happy.   I advised him to change his future ads to show that the position lights did not contain bulbs - and sure as hell were not "flashing".  EDMO

ADDED:  The Russian bulbs are enough larger diameter that Grimes bulbs are loose and shake in the socket, but I have a way to fix this problem and use Grimes or LED bulbs in them.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Are those Ruskies back at it again?

(The whole nuke thing, then hacking the dems,... now lights with no bulbs!!)

Just can't take your eyes off em for a second...

3 people like this

Posted

Are those Ruskies back at it again?

(The whole nuke thing, then hacking the dems,... now lights with no bulbs!!)

Just can't take your eyes off em for a second...

Well, guess they aren't all bad - They gave back most of Crooked Hillary's Classified emails!  EDMO

2 people like this