Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

NGK Iridium plugs

4 posts in this topic

Posted

My friend Bill just tried a set of NGK Iridium BR8 PLUGS IN HIS 582 AVID.

He claims the gear box clattering at idle is gone. Been to Cold to fly lately so we haven't tried that yet but I'm not sure what to make of this. 

Has anybody else found this and have an explanation. 

I'm a skeptic until I see it with my own eyes and even then I like an explanation. 

He found out about it from some snowmobile advice. 

Ray

Posted

I ran the ir plugs in mine for awhile.  The best thing I did was lean the idle jet one size.  The probability of a burn down at idle is about 0 but it sure smoothed the idle out!  I did notice that I can run the IR plugs a good many hours longer than I was getting out of the regular plugs before I would start getting that little mid range miss every once in awhile.

:BC:

Posted

If the plugs are the ones with the very fine electrode just be careful when checking the gaps as I snapped one off with a very gentle push of a feeler guage.I got a bit nervous and replaced them at 50hr intervals which didn't make them economic in comparison to the regular BR8es which do a reliable 50 hrs.

Changing he idle jets to 35's make a huge difference to the idle smoothness

Posted

I find mine starts better on the first start of the day with the iridiums. I'm at 52 hrs on a set right now and about to change em.