Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WANTED: Avid door latches and handles

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi All,

I am looking for door latches and handles for my Avid MK IV.  Currently it only has a handle on the port side door which is from a house door! and the latches on both sides are worn and barley catch.

I am in the UK, but happy to pay for international shipping.

Edited by Gfry

Posted

Hi Gfry

I see that you have purchased Simon's avid and I sold Simon the curved rudder and fuel tank from my crashed avid and I also have a set of doors but will have a look at the door handles. Where in the UK are you and feel free to send me your number as a private message and I'll call you.

Thanks 

Richard 

Posted

Sure did buy Simons.  Few little niggles to sort out, but in general a mega bargain.  Would be interested in any Avid parts you have.

Posted

I have

2 doors half and half 

1 elevator with Ray Allen trim servo

1 one piece turtle deck

1 full cowling for a 582

1 very nice instrument panel with instruments 

1 tail wheel

2 wheels with tundra tires 

2 brake discs and callipers 

2 control sticks 

Both sets of rudder peddles 

Brake peddles with cylinders 

Plus more so everything apart from the fuselage and the parts Simon got from me to put on yours.

Thanks 

Richard 

Posted

If you go with full Lexan doors you can use these type of marine flush mount door latches, their light and lockable, no air can get threw either, they are made for boats and available on the intermet.

0316171612.jpg

0316171614.jpg

0316171617.jpg

Posted (edited)

Al,  Can you post a link to the latches?  How do they lock?  Cost?  Is there a way to make an inside handle for them?

I found all kinds, all different prices, at West Marine.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Al,  Can you post a link to the latches?  How do they lock?  Cost?  Is there a way to make an inside handle for them?

I found all kinds, all different prices, at West Marine.  EDMO

These look similar, also looks like they have a spot inside spot you finger to push up to unlatch, looks nice but I would like to see how they do a 10 or 20 degrees, my luck I would slam the door and have plastic from the latch in my lap,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Slam-Latch-Hatch-Round-Pull-W-Lock-1-2Door-Replac-Southco-M1-43-RV-Marine-BOAT-/141954652113?hash=item210d2817d1:g:YNwAAOSwpoJXDbu~&vxp=mtr

Posted

Ed!, those latches are, PERKO surface mount cam larches. 22$ to 36$ locking or not locking, www.boatoutfitters.com.  possibly you can find them cheaper on Ebay. They are nice, you can grab the lever on the inside, or make on up, there is a long enough threaded stud sticking out inside, Ill probably do that and cut the extra stud off. Tjay, I dought they will fall apart, their shock proof and made to be walked on in the deck of a boat! There are all metal ones, stainless, but weight was my decision to get these, much lighter than the original hardware handles. Only problem is the handle will be tiped down while your in the plane, unless you put a pull string threw the latch.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have

2 doors half and half 

1 elevator with Ray Allen trim servo

1 one piece turtle deck

1 full cowling for a 582

1 very nice instrument panel with instruments 

1 tail wheel

2 wheels with tundra tires 

2 brake discs and callipers 

2 control sticks 

Both sets of rudder peddles 

Brake peddles with cylinders 

Plus more so everything apart from the fuselage and the parts Simon got from me to put on yours.

Thanks 

Richard 

Hi Richard ,do you know what model the elevator was off of,just wonder the size and how much are you asking for |Ray |Allen trim servo

Willis

1 person likes this