Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Need throttle and oil cable lengths

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Bob needs cables for his kitfox IV with a 2 stroke in it.  Does anyone have the lengths needed for the throttle and oil cables?  I am told that KF does not make these anymore and cant give Bob the correct lengths that he needs to have the cables made.  I am betting one or more of you fine gents can give us the answer we need.

:BC:

Posted

If it helps I can measure my Avid this weekend. Knowing this group I'm willing to bet edmo or jim chuck willing have the answer or where to find it 

Posted

The avids wont help as they have an inverted engine.  The cables on a KF are different as they use a different bell crank setup, especially the oil cable.

Posted (edited)

I don't know anything about oil cables.  Leni, I sent you the throttle cable and pivot setup from Kitfox 2, but forget if I sent carb cables too.  I may have carb cables for early model somewhere, but again, not sure if they are same as KF 4.  If I can find them I will give them to Bob if they are the same.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I don't know anything about oil cables.  Leni, I sent you the throttle cable and pivot setup from Kitfox 2, but forget if I sent carb cables too.  I may have carb cables for early model somewhere, but again, not sure if they are same as KF 4.  If I can find them I will give them to Bob if they are the same.   EDMO

yes I have that Ed so does bob.  He needs the cable length from there to the carbs and oil pump.

Posted

Check Green sky adventures, I think they have them in stock for the kitfox,

1 person likes this