New here

43 posts in this topic

Posted

Welcome aboard. Mike

Dave in Western IL

Posted

Well the auction is over for the Yellow Avid in Florida. My max bid was $8500 and it sold for $9700. It was not what I really wanted and that envelope sized tab hanging off of the elevator kinda scared me. I am still looking, and will continue till I find what I want. After reading all your responses I agree with all you guys I need to find a flying example or a light restoration. I have located a flight instructor for my bi-annual flight review that uses a Eurofox for training. I wonder how similar it is to the real deal Kitfox? I have also decided to include early Kitfoxs, 1-3's, in my search. Thanks for all the input guys it helps me greatly. Mike

Posted

There will probably be a flying Kitfox 1 up for sale soon in MN.

You are probably right TJay. Maybe in a month or so.  I want to fly it a bit more first.   I just googled it, and Mike is about 650 miles from me.  JImChuk

DSCN0019.JPG

Posted

There will probably be a flying Kitfox 1 up for sale soon in MN.

You are probably right TJay. Maybe in a month or so.  I want to fly it a bit more first.   I just googled it, and Mike is about 650 miles from me.  JImChuk

DSCN0019.JPG

Looks interesting.... Mike

Posted (edited)

Jim,  Are you back at Chuktown Avid Force Base?  I tried to send all the snow up that way while you were down South.  We still got about 2" this winter.  ;<)  That is a sharp-looking KF1, are the others jealous of you flying it so much? 

Are you going to paint your wind-T this year too?  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I have located a flight instructor for my bi-annual flight review that uses a Eurofox for training. I wonder how similar it is to the real deal Kitfox?

Very. It was originally reverse engineered from an Avid Flyer and incorporates many of the improvements Kitfox has developed and added to their model 3 and up models. I own the tri-gear SLSA version, hopefully be finishing up repairs and flying it this year.

Posted

Yes Ed,  the Balkan Air Farce it back in operation.  (I actually live in Balkan township)  I just got back a week ago, and am busy getting things back in order around here.  Most of the snow is gone now, but the strip is one muddy mess.  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

Yes Ed,  the Balkan Air Farce it back in operation.  (I actually live in Balkan township)  I just got back a week ago, and am busy getting things back in order around here.  Most of the snow is gone now, but the strip is one muddy mess.  JImChuk

grass planting time here.  "Air Farce"  I like that!  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

My wife painted me a sigh on a board for the hangar with those words on it, and the various planes flying from my strip at the time.  I'll have to post of picture of it.  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Well the auction is over for the Yellow Avid in Florida. My max bid was $8500 and it sold for $9700. It was not what I really wanted and that envelope sized tab hanging off of the elevator kinda scared me. I am still looking, and will continue till I find what I want. After reading all your responses I agree with all you guys I need to find a flying example or a light restoration. I have located a flight instructor for my bi-annual flight review that uses a Eurofox for training. I wonder how similar it is to the real deal Kitfox? I have also decided to include early Kitfoxs, 1-3's, in my search. Thanks for all the input guys it helps me greatly. Mike

How far are you from CA? I know of a pretty nice plane going up for sale soon.

Posted

Long ways. For the right plane the distance would not keep me from checking it out. Mike

Posted (edited)

Jim,  You had me a little concerned about the trip from your place to Oscoda Michigan:  650 miles and across Lake Michigan?  Now, I see that you can fly across the UP and over the Sioux.St.Marie 5 mile-long Mackinac bridge and down the eastern coast never be over water very long.  Sounds like a nice trip.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Hey Ed,  Who said I was going on a trip?? ;-)  I just got home and kind of like it here.  JImChuk

Posted

Hey Ed,  Who said I was going on a trip?? ;-)  I just got home and kind of like it here.  JImChuk

Just getting you primed to deliver a Kitfox!  ;<)  You wont finish the Avid until the Air Farce is down one plane.  Ha!  EDMO

Posted

Two sad examples of what can happen to these planes have shown up on Barnstormers in the last 24hrs, both are too fat away for me. I kind of like the idea of buying a plane from one of the members here that has some experience with these so I will wait and see what develops. My bi-annual is not till mid May so I have some time before I could fly again anyway. Mike

Posted

Eventually this will be up for sale.   There are other vids of this plane on my utube channel.   JImChuk

Posted

Just a quick update on my status. I finally got a hold of the fella with the Bandit on Barnstormers. It is not a complete kit and he is the second owner. The fuselage is covered and one wing had been covered and this guy uncovered it due to crappy workmanship. To make matters worse, in my eyes, it is setup for a VW revmaster engine which he has. This one has been removed from my list $11K is a lot of money but I would have tried to work something out if it had been an untouched complete kit. I attended my local EAA chapter meeting as a guest last Saturday and have decided to join them, real nice group of guys with about 25% interested in the kind of flying I am. I really want a light weight 2stroke powered bird that I can keep in the garage during the winter months so I think I will wait and see what Jim decides. Mike

1 person likes this

Posted

Wow, that sounds like a hint to me....  My field is almost dry enough to start flying off again,  maybe I better put the insurance back on the fox??:-)  JImChuk